Chapter 5

I'm sitting at the facility's restaurant with Ally, we're on our lunch break and I'm STARVING. We're checking some of the players' records, and I love when I get to do this with Ally because I learn a lot from her experience.

- So, Mila, how are things with little Zach going? – She asks while writing some side notes on the records.

- Oh, he's great! The doctor said he's in great shape! – I tell her while taking a sip of my drink.

- Aww that's good news Mila! – She says clapping her hands, I love how cheerful she is. – Oh and what about Lauren? How are you guys doing? – I panic for a bit at this question. Does she know about that awkward conversation last night? Did Lauren tell Ally something?

My mind is going to so many places right now, until I see Ally wiggling her eyebrows. Ugh, now I get what you mean Hernandez.

- God! Will you guys ever drop that? – roll my eyes at her. – You know we're just friends – I make sure to stress that last part of the sentence.

- Come on Mila, there's gotta be something going on! – she raises her voice – I know Lauren's a sweetheart, but with you? She acts different when it comes to you, she even moved from her old place to be closer to you and your baby! And let's talk about you guys always hugging, or cuddling and stuff! The way she looks at Zach is heart melting, but the way she looks at you is a whole new level of charm Mila. And, let's be honest here ......– she makes a long pause, a smirk forming on her mouth – she's hot. Like HOOOT...

- Oh my God Ally! – I say blushing – if you like her so much, why don't YOU date her? – I give her a little wink.

- I would consider it if it wasn't for you. I think she likes you, no I KNOW she does. – she says, playfully nudging me in the ribs.

- uggh – I roll my eyes again and lift my index finger – First, I'm seriously considering why am I even your friend, all you do is tease me about Lauren. – I groan. – And no Ally, she doesn't like me, it's just.... we've been through a lot together, she's like my sister.

- Are you really telling me that in all these years of friendship – she stresses that part – you never felt a thing? I mean, you never wondered what it would be like? – she frowns, narrowing her eyes suspiciously. – And be honest here Mila! – She points her finger at me.

- I honestly never thought about her, or any girl in that way Ally – I let a long sigh escape my mouth.

- A little curiosity? Anything? – Ally insists, narrowing her eyes at me, again.

- Okay – I give her a stern look, take a deep breath before continuing - There wa... -

- Hello again Camila! – I see Annaleigh waving at me with a wide grin on her face. Ally is looking at me with a confused expression, and then she says something under her breath. Saved!

- Oh..he...hey Annaleigh! – I stand eagerly to greet her Uhm...This is Ally, my friend. – I stutter a little while introducing them.

Why am I suddenly nervous?

- Hi, nice to meet you Annaleigh. – Ally says politely, still confused, stretching her hand towards her.

- Nice to meet you too Ally! – She pauses, looking at our table – Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interrupt you guys – she says looking at me, seemingly embarrassed.

- Don't worry about it, it's just boring paperwork – Ally says reassuringly.

- Do you, hm, want to join us for lunch? – I say, trying to be friendly. Of course I would do anything to avoid the topic Ally and I were discussing.

- Oh, thanks for the offer, but I'm kind of in a hurry here – she says pouting. She looks cute when she pouts. – I just wanted to say hi – She says smiling at me.

- Too bad! Another time then – I tell her, returning the smile.

- That'd be great, actually! – She says, grabbing a pen and a random piece of paper from her purse. She leans to the table and writes down what I guess is her number and handles me the piece of paper – Here, that's my number – She hesitates for a second – Uhm, I'm new to town so I don't know lots of places, but I'd love to hang out sometime! – She says with a friendly tone.

- Oh..su...suure, of course – I take the piece of paper, looking at it – I'll call you then! – I say, making sure to put the paper in my pocket, blushing.

- Great! – she says excited – It was nice to meet you Ally, hope to see you soon as well! – She waves at her, still smiling. – Have a good day girls!

- You too Annaleigh – Ally says cheerfully – goodbye!

- Bye! – I wave at her, she smiles and leaves the restaurant.

I sit again and look at Ally, she has a smirk on her face. She clears her throat and looks at me directly in the eyes with a devilish look

- Who is this girl again? I mean..... how do you know her? - I can see curiosity raising in Ally's eyes.

- Oh Annaleigh? I bumped into her early while heading to the gym, she helped me when I dropped my papers on the floor. - There's a long pause, and Ally's smirk grows wider, I know what is coming.

- So.... Are you sure you're straight? – She says laughing when she noticed I am blushing

- Oh SHUT UP Allyson! – I roll my eyes, smacking her arm lightly.

- I'm just saying.... you were all over the place Mila. Annaleigh seems to be a nice girl. – She says teasing me. – AND, she gave you her number. – she looks at me with that mischievous expression.

- She's new to town and needs a friend, don't make a thing out of it – I tell her, looking again at the folders on the table.

- God Mila, you guys always joke about me being innocent and all "bubbles and trees", but you my friend are so oblivious. – Ally says, taking a bite of her sandwich.

- Let's just get back to these files – I say shaking my head, I'm not going to have this discussion with Ally now.