Part 46: Plan of Return

Year: 1990

Time: 4:04pm

Location: "Sydney's Tower", Sydney CBD, NSW, Australia.

Level: Shooting Range, B24

"Where do we go now?" Kate enquired as we exited the Shooting Range.

We entered the elevator and Sydney pressed a button on the selection to get back to the concealed Gate Room.

"I did tell you that there will be someone there to meet you back at the Stratostation to protect you."

I hesitated for a moment but thought it would be good to continue our enjoyment there. I hoped that those two would not be there when we got back.

"I think we can trust the capabilities of your man there. Kate, we will go back,"

"He's tough, but gets lazy sometimes," Sydney said, leaning on the inside of the lift.

Kate had something on her mind though. Deune told her that he had a sister that she reminded him of. Maybe that could be useful information. She related it to me and Sydney.

"Hmm, that is interesting"

Sydney narrowed her eyes,

"I will use that to find out more about these characters and what their capabilities are. Meanwhile, you two can use your room to rest if you want. Stay a while."

I shook Sydney's hand in relief an trust, then we parted.

-------- --------- --------- ---------

We arrived at the Tower Quarters on Level 72.

We stepped put into the familiar area we were in just in a couple of days ago.

"Back in safe spaces again," I calmly sighed. I took out security IDs, which also doubled as door keys, and entered our room: Room 722.

It sure was good to be back here.

Kate seemed nervous and apprehensive about something. I asked what it was and she said,

"Sydney sure is pretty,"

I knew what she actually meant and I quashed the doubts and feelings in her mind by quickly wrapping my arms around her and pushing her gently against the nearest flat wall.

I spent a moment embracing her, just staying close to her.

I then placed a finger on her lips and gazed into her eyes and said to her,

"Yes she is...but she isn't the one I am with right now."

The moment I felt those soft, tender lips press into mine I squeezed her cheek and she sighed as she enjoyed the feeling of being kissed.

It started off soft and gentle, I was still conscious that I may hurt her by accidentally hitting her teeth by going too fast, so I took my time and carefully kissed her.

I felt her shivering a little in my arms. I was so tense at the start but I felt my shoulders relax and my body let go.

We stayed there together quietly sharing a moment. Kate then started kissing me back. She put her hands on my face and stroked it while pulling my face in closer. She pushed her lips into mine.

Tasting, teasing, sighing.

After a few more kisses I let go and moved away a little to let her catch her breath.

"...mmm" was all as said as her eyes fluttered open, she was still in a land of feathers and pillows. She was looked so cute an adorable right now. She touched her lips with her fingers, still in the afterglow.

I pulled her close to me and embraced her, resting my head on the side of her neck.

I then whispered to her,

"I can only have one special someone in my life and will not change who that is."

Kate whimpered while she managed to wrap her arms around me,

"Alex, please tell me who that is exactly,"

"I marked you with a kiss, Kate. You know you are the one,"

Kate blushed and felt warm in her head and chest.

"A mark on my heart?"

"Yes,"

"Um, but my heart is down here," she gestured to her chest and giggled.

"Kate, you know what I mean. Um, I am not going to kiss you there just yet. One day maybe, but not until it is safe okay?" I blushed while I answered. Kate smiled.

"We are on the run. We may not make it out alive. Even though I feel safe with you I still worry."

I shushed her with a finger on her lips.

"I will protect you."

"And I will protect you." Kate replied.

We spent a few more minutes in each other's arms. Kate sighed softy into my shoulder, closed her eyes and savouring the moment.

'He really loves me,' she happily thought, snuggling into me.

----- ------ ------ ------ ------

We had a rest for a few hours and then headed to the Gate Room. We met Sydney there.

"Are you both ready to go?" she asked.

I initiated my Gyro-linium device and set the time and location back to our room in the Stratostation a few hours away from when we were captured. I then brought out my staff while Kate hooked her arm around my fee hand.

"Ready as we will ever be. Thank you Sydney." Kate grinned at her. "See ya."

"Take care," I added.

Sydney stepped back and smiled as Kate and I disappeared in a web of orange and blue streams of energy.

"I wonder if it's about time I get back out on field work," she asked herself as she watched the webs surround us and we disappeared.

The illumination from the webs of energy eventually faded away.

With that, Sydney left the room and headed to her office.