Prologue

Prologue

My eyes have seen many things...

My body has aged and gone through changes to cope with time and it's pains, and yes I have been through puberty twice. But as far as I know, I am still human.

I learned so many things in my life, and the most important of all was the secret to living forever.

It was in one of my experiments with Mercury and Cavorite. I was trying to create a new alloy that had a centre of a newly discovered magnetic rock, surrounded by a fluid layer of mercury and encased in a new type of material consisting of melted Cavorite and a thick layer of a citrus-lime-and-blue-ocre mixture (CLB). All of this was frozen in liquid nitrogen for a few months, to let the Cavorite slowly mix with the mercury that is perpetually kept in fluidic motion by the magnetic rock inside, while it is kept in place by the CLB layer and held in a high pressure steel form.

Sometime later, I discovered that this alloy, which I have named 'Rolinium', emits a strange type of ultra magnetic field. This doesn't affect anything, apart from super-heavy metals. On its own, however, I later discovered that if several small Rolinium spheres were rotated in a planetary orbit (in my case, through the use of a small electric motor) at a high revolution around a large central Rolinium core, certain magnetic wave patterns join and they create what is now called the "Quantum Query Gate", but to most it is a "selective wormhole initiator".

The mechanical gear and motor set used to rotate the Rolinium in a planetary rotation, I have called the 'Gyro-linium device'. Catchy.

Long story short, I somehow managed to make a small linked portal near me which pulled me from my Boston lab in the year 2009, to a place I later found out was just 'south' of Alpha Centauri, on the planet only known by number but which the people there call "Que'nesia" (pronounced "key-nesha"). When Boris and Eric Spade, brothers who are my much-trusted lab assistants saw me 'leave the building' in such a non-Elvis way, they reported it, and I later saw myself in the tabloids as "the man who poked a hole in the world".

I permitted the other scientists, engineers and heads of all the countries to copy and setup quantum tunnelling gates globally for transportation and other uses with several restrictions, namely to specific location AND time zones and eras. People know enough not to be messing around with their past, even the police and security forces don't pass through time.

Only special forces use them for that purpose.

These devices don't use a lot of power to start, but prolonged usage draws more power...but that would be solved easily by our new friends.

Ah yes, back to the Que'nesians.

These people gave me the gift of immortality through internal regeneration. Unlike Dr Who, I can choose what I look like and what is allowed to age until I decide to fix it, (I don't want another baby bladder). The Que'nesians made me swear to never tell anyone of my gift and where I got it from except for one pure confidant who they could trust as well as I. One asked if I was married, to which I shook my head.

They helped me back to my time, place and lab, then fixed and greatly improved control for me Gyro-linium device as well as add a wrist-mounted control unit and an atomic-reduction compartment where I could store and compress anything until I needed it.

Due to some modifications from the Que'nesians the device is now bathed in a blue aura. Some of their protective radiation and magnetic shielding is soaked in a chemical that emits a strange faint blue glow.

An additional feature was impact resistant Exo-structuring on the majority of the static part of the device and over the cores themselves.

They can stretch a tough outer 'skin'-like material that is basically flexible titanium to reinforce objects of varying size and shape. Try covering a plate of food with cling wrap and then imagine that as titanium, then you'll get the picture.