Part 37: Tracking

Part 37: Tracking

Year: 1990

Time: 6:24am

Location: Unknown Cave, Distant coast far from Circular Quay, Sydney Coast, NSW, Australia.

Level: Ground

"That was some crazy stuff you pulled by cutting the cables and jamming the brakes open there. You guys sure are takin' your sweet time getting the target," Razza called over the communicator.

"Hey, we are just wearing him down so we can nab him later." Kepler snapped crushing a can of soda she was having.

"You guys need to focus and get to work. Oh, I've just been informed that he isn't in your current time zone anymore. He must have jumped to another time block. I wonder which one?" Razza mused. He already knew. You could hear it in his voice.

Deune growled, "Cut the act Razza. Just give us what you got. We gotta keep up with him."

"You should look at the info-pack on this guy again. You might find something about his interests where he is going."

"Huff, come on. What's the gab? You notice something?" Kepler leaned back on a sofa and stared at the ceiling. She was restless after having such a challenging target.

"Think about it, he has been to dates in history when things happened around elevators. First he was sighted in the year 1909, where E. Otis showed off the safety brake for the elevator, next we found him in 1990, where you cut the cables and nearly killed them, and now he has to be around a date and location where an elevator is involved." Razza explained, he seemed to be busy doing something. Maybe think-surfing like he usually does while searching for info on a target.

Deune flexed his arms and checked his systems before standing up and walking around, "Well, he's been to the past. My guess is that he has thought ahead and jumped into the future to avoid us."

Razza quickly scanned all data concerned with elevators or lifts, then said, "There is only one 'lift' that will be up and running in the future and that is the Skylift near the Phoenix Islands in the Pacific Ocean."

Kepler seemed to know about this and sat up, "That's the one that's suppose to be up and running by 2038. Well we have a target year and place, now we need a confirmation."

"Hang on, I'll get in contact with some guys in that era...

There was some dialogue between Razza and some people on another line then Razza returned to Kepler an Deune.

"Apparently the doc has checked in there in the Stratostation. He used his ID and paid a lot of money to get a spot there. The security is tough though. There aren't areas where you can safely fight, Deune. Kepler is light enough for this, so she'll make the moves while you hang back, okay?" came instructions from Razza.

There was a growl from Deune then Kepler said, "Yeah, he's got that. Okay, we will head there now."

"Alright, I'm out." There was a click and the line went silent.

"Have a nice day," Kepler said in mock reply to a lack of a goodbye.

"You okay with this?"

"Of course I'm not. I'm not used to targets that run from me. I'm used to frontline work where targets try to fight and they get close where I can smash them or tear them apart." Deune hit his fists together, the Mometum enhancers and dampeners worked in tandem to enhance his strength while dampening the strain on his frame.

"Of course there is that helpless little girl that we saw hanging onto his arm before."

"I don't hurt defenceless little girls."