Chapter 4

Enjoy!

My biological clock woke me up at 7 as it did every year on my birthday. I wished it did that on other days too but sadly it didn't.

I washed up and changed into a white shirt and denim overall. After tying my hair into a ponytail, I viewed myself in my full length mirror and was contented with my fashion sense. After that, I walked to my parents room to greet them.

"Morning Mum!" I said as I entered their room and flung myself onto their bed. "Happy nineteenth birthday dear!" My Mother said. My Dad wished me happy birthday too and I thanked them both.

"What's my present?" I questioned curiously.

My parents then gave me the mysterious smile they always gave me. I pouted and leaned back against a pillow as I whipped out my phone.

As I scrolled through the many group chats spammed with birthday wishes I saw a group chat I had never seen before.

Got7 & Me

I went in and saw 7 other people inside but only knew one, 'Mark Tuan'. I gasped loudly in surprise only to see my parents looking at me curiously.

I assured them that there was nothing wrong and left the room to go back to mine. Scrolling down to where I messaged Mark I saw his text, "Sup Liz, I added you into a group with the other members."

This was followed by a list stating whose number was whose. I was beyond shock. I must be the only fan girl with such treatment. Shanna would be so jealous!

After adding all their numbers, I wrote in the chat group, "Hi, I'm Liz." I waited for a reply as I cleared my other messages, thanking my friends.

Not long after, a message came back. "Sup Liz, Happy birthday!" It was Mark again. This was so overwhelming. His message was followed by another bunch of birthday wishes from the rest.

I was confused as I asked,"How did you guys know it's my birthday?" The answer came from Yugyeom, "The MC asked you yesterday." I skimmed through my vague memories of the Q&A yesterday.

My head was filled with images of me staring at Mark, not really listening to the MC. I blushed and was grateful that they weren't really here to see my red cheeks.

"Why is the group named Got7 & Me?" I texted curiously. "Because it's Got7 and you. So when you say it, it is Got7 and me!" Bam Bam replied. "We spent a long time deciding the name to be honest." Jackson said. I laughed out loud at the explanation as I read it.

"Liz, you free today?" JB suddenly texted. "Why?" I replied.

"We wanna celebrate your birthday!"

I thought about it and went to ask my parents. They said it was ok as long as I came home for dinner. I texted Got7 and they agreed to pick me up at 10am.

2 hours later, I grabbed my bag and walked out when I heard the doorbell ring. "Hi." I said nervously as I saw Got7 once again.

As I waved goodbye to my parents and brother, I climbed into their van. Jinyoung, Youngjae and Bam Bam were seated behind. I was seated between Mark and Yugyeom while JB drove and Jackson sat in the passenger seat.

I broke the awkward silence by asking, "I'm pretty sure this doesn't happen to a normal fan girl, why did you suddenly give me your number?" I asked looking directly at Mark.

"Uhhh... I guess it's because when we first met you we found you... uh... special, you weren't like the other fangirls. Also you were... pretty so..."

"That was the main reason, right hyung?" Mark blushed and pushed Jackson playfully as everyone burst into laughter. "Hey! That hurt." Jackson said with mock anger as he rubbed his arm.

"Or is it because Liz said she liked you." Bam Bam teased, referring to Mark. I felt my cheeks go red at what he said. The others chuckled seeing Mark's and my reaction.

That day, we ate lunch at my favorite Korean barbecue restaurant, played bowling and went to sing karaoke. We sang so many songs and Got7 performed 'If you do', one of my favorite Got7 songs. It was like a personal mini concert.

The song I chose to sing was BTS's Spring Day. The minute I opened my mouth, the members gasped as they looked at each other in shock.

I was confused, I couldn't be that bad right? Singing was something I loved to do, it was like my hobby. I didn't have any proper vocal training though unless singing in the shower was counted.

When I finished, Got7 gave me a round of applause as Youngjae asked, "Firstly, you know Korean? Why didn't you tell us?" I shrugged. "You didn't ask."

Jinyoung then continued, "And your voice was so beautiful it was like... like..." He snapped his fingers as if trying to find the right word.

"An angel's" JB cut in. I blushed, so that's why they looked so shock. I rubbed my nape not sure what to say. After that, they took turns singing with me and we had tons of fun.

Just before we left the karaoke place, Mark took out a paper bag and said, "Happy birthday Liz." I opened the paper bag and saw a huge, pink, bunny soft toy. I gasped in surprise. "OMG! Thank you so much! It's so cute!" I exclaimed.

I went over and hugged him. He blushed and shyly hugged me back.

Next, the members all gave me different presents. Yugyeom and Bam Bam gave me a phone cover with the 8 of us on it together. "OMG! This is the photo we took together yesterday." They nodded happily.

Youngjae, JB and Jinyoung then gave me a pair of headphones. I thanked all of them sincerely and hugged them all.

After that we left the place and they drove me back home. I thanked them profusely as I walked back in.

That night, I celebrated my birthday with my family and received many presents. This was the best birthday ever!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Please vote and comment and of cos read on!