Nine

A/N: This chapter focuses on Satoru and his slight instability in his mentality.

»♠«

WHY?! WHY DO YOU LOOK AT ME WITH SUCH EYES?!

SUCH WEAKNESS! PATHETIC! HORRID! STUPID!

If they truly love the sport, if they truly wanna reach the top, having such weak wills and pathetic actions are a disgrace to them and the sport!

Why are you giving up?!

The games not over until the buzzer signals the end! There's still time to fight back! Why are you letting me pass so easily?! Aren't you supposed to guard your court with everything you've got and fight to win and achieve the top?! Why are you giving up?!

Mother.....why do you hate me so much? The sport that you and brother showed me is now tainted with the same eyes you and brother once had. Why do people look at me with such horrid orbs?

You lost your life dear mother because you were too weak to stand up against father and fight back. You allowed him to abuse his right as your husband and let him beat you till you couldn't stand. Your once lively and shimmering eyes dimmed as years passed by, looking at me with your dull and disgusting eyes. Your eyes which haunted me even in my dreams and keeps on reminding me of how weak and pathetic the woman who birthed me was. The result? Ha, you fucking died! Serves you right!

My dear brother who I thought was someone so strong and worthy of my respect turned out to be so weak. Giving up in his career just because of his slutty girlfriend who slept with another man. Your eyes resulted to just like mothers, full of dull lights and weakness. Don't you know that my nightmares worsened because of your gazes on me whenever I'm in the world of the living?

Fuck, I don't wanna see you two like that! Look where it led you, you died! You both died! You left me alone! Alone to deal with that man and those eyes of yours which kept on haunting me!

Please, don't make me go back. I can't go back. I can't do it. Every time I see those eyes on my opponents, I can't help but remember my mother and brother,the people who taught me basketball.

I only got rid of those nightmares by focusing on basketball. I had fun playing with strong opponents. I had fun playing with Riko, Hyuga, Izu, Koga, Mito,Tsuchi and Yoshi. The Inter High was fun, you can verse against strong schools!

But why?! Why am I cursed with such talent in basketball?! I'm thankful for having a talent for the sport but this is too much! I don't wanna see my opponents face twist into those who gave up and having to look at their dull eyes clouded by their incomplete trust in theirselves! I don't wanna play basketball with such weak opponents!

Block me! Shut me down! Don't let me shoot! Stop me! Do everything but never give up! Don't look at me with those kinds of eyes!

SOMEONE, COVER THEM! DON'T LET ME SEE THOSE EYES! HELP ME! DON'T BRING THOSE EYES BACK!

But then, if those eyes wouldn't leave me, its better if I coexist with them, right? Since people always end up being pathetic and weak in front of me, I might as well take advantage of that, right? Instead of them being so proud of themselves, I can make them taste the bitter flavor of breaking, right?!

Yes, yes, yes, YES,YES, YES, YES!

THATS IT!

I'LL JUST BREAK THEM!

KNOCK THEM DOWN OFF OF THEIR HIGH HORSES AND MAKE THEM BEG FOR ME TO STOP BREAKING THEM!

THAT'S RIGHT!

THOSE EYES! THOSE EYES WON'T LEAVE ME ALONE, SO I BETTER COEXIST WITH THEM! RIGHT, RIGHT, RIGHT!!

Huh?

What was I thinking again?

Huh?

My right hand is trembling.....

Huh?

What was I doing?

What happened?

The way they looked at me...... Those eyes again....... They broke........ I broke someone again.....

But shouldn't you be happy? They know now that you're far superior than them.

How can I be happy? I just broke them.

Don't need to feel guilty. They deserve it.

No, they don't.

Oh, yes, they do. Don't you find satisfaction in seeing them grovel beneath you? Satisfaction in letting them see how superior you are? Satisfaction due to the pathetic looks painted on their faces? Satisfaction in seeing how cracked up they are inside just because of you?

But.....that's just...... I just don't wanna see the same eyes my mother and brother had that led them to their downfall...... I can't see those eyes..... Their horrible....

Shush, myself. Shh, shh, shh..... Just listen to me. Listen to me..... Do you want to shut me out again like how you did during your rough times? Do you wanna shut me out again and leave me alone?

I.... I...... I don't want to.

That's a good boy. Just listen to me and leave it all to me. I'll take care of you unlike your mother, father and brother.

O-okay.

Good! See, your hand stopped trembling.

However..... I just despise those eyes. I hate them. Please, please, don't let me see them again.

Well~ this is troublesome. I, unlike you, love to see them.

But—

"Satoru-san? Are you alright?"

Tch. The cutie came at the wrong time.

Kuroko?