Fourteen

Cl0ud: Picture ain't mine.

»♣«

"Welcome home, Tetsu—what happened?!" Kuroko's mother exclaims when she saw her sons face beet red. She ran to his side and placed the back of her hand on his forehead, gasping at the high temperature her son has.

"Do I have a heart disease, mom?" Tetsuya asked, which made her even more worried. "No! You are perfectly healthy, Tetsuya! What happened?!" She interrogated. Tetsuya blinked, his face still covered by the now bright red colour.

His hand moved away from his face to his heart, making his mothers eyes trail down to where he pointed, "My heart is beating really fast even though I didn't run and I don't know the reason why. My stomach keeps on hurling but I don't want to vomit. What's wrong with me then?" He explains and his mothers eyes widened before she breathed in relief.

She led him to the living room and told him to sit down while she fetches him a glass of water. Tetsuya drank and placed the glass down on the table.

"Silly, don't worry me like that, Tetsuya. " she sighs, pinching the bridge of her nose as she shakes her head at him. Tetsuya only looked at his mother with confused eyes.

"You're not sick or anything. Tell me, does your stomach hurl when you're around a certain person?"

Tetsuya nods.

"Does your heart beat faster when you see or even be near that person?"

Another nod.

"Do you feel your face heat up around the person?"

Nods.

"Do you feel angry when other people talk about that certain person, maybe at some compliments?"

Nods.

"Do you want to know more about that person?"

Nods.

"Do you want to be closer?"

Nods.

"Do you want that person to be yours?"

Silence.

"Tetsuya?"

"Yes, I want Satoru-san to be mine."

His mother smiles.

"There, the answer is here. Its easy, my son. You like this Satoru-san."

Silence.

Tetsuya's eyes widens at the revelation and his fingers curled and clutched the fabric covering where his heart is and he took a deep breath to calm the turmoil inside his mind.

His mothers eyes gleamed in excitement since this is the first time her son has ever asked about things like this and she's excited to meet the girl who captured her sons heart.

"So, when will I meet her?!"

Kuroko's eyes looked confused.

"Satoru-san isn't a girl, mother. Satoru-san is an upperclassman and is a boy."

Silence yet again.

Her lips parted and no sound came from her as her eyes widened before retracting to their usual look. She looked at her son with serious eyes and searched his face for any signs of jesting or lies but she found none. Heaving a sigh and standing up, she ruffles her sons hair which had the same hue as hers.

"Why don't you invite Satoru-san this Friday? Tell him its okay to spend the night here. I want to meet the boy who got you all blushing, Tetsuya." She spoke the last sentence in a teasing tone before disappearing to the kitchen.

Tetsuya stared at where she disappeared before standing up and going to his room, his head filled with the images of Satoru.

I love Satoru-san?

Inside the kitchen, Tetsuya's mother dazed as she waited for the food to  be finished. Her mind went back to when her son told her that the one he fell for wasn't a girl but instead, a guy. She had hoped and dreamed to have another girl in her family that can make her monotone son smile and happy but she couldn't have such a girl, instead, she had a guy. Of all the girls, her son just had to fall for the same gender.

Oh Tetsuya....she sighed.

But, she couldn't let her sons first love end just like that. She couldn't take away the chance of finally letting her son happy just because this Satoru isn't a girl. Tetsuya fell for this guy, so he must be really important for him. For now, she'll have to understand and wait for the time she meets this guy before giving them the permission to pursue this relationship. Well, there's a chance of her sons first love not living on due to rejection but since Tetsuya is in love, she will have to root for this love to bloom for the sake of his happiness.

After all, that's what mothers do— to support and be there for her child/ children.