Ten

Kuroko excused himself from his current class and went to go search for his upperclassman. He went to the roof but he wasn't there. He wasn't inside the cafeteria, lavatory, and gym either.

He passed through the space in between each buildings when he caught sight of blonde hair and he proceeded to walk behind the school building.

Satoru had his back turned to him and Kuroko could see that his right hand had stopped trembling but he is still holding on to it. He could sense the waves of discomfort and sadness coming for Satoru.

"Satoru-san? Are you alright?" he asks. Kuroko saw how his upperclassman's form tensed before relaxing and standing up from his slouched position. He couldn't see his eyes since his eyeglasses reflected the rays of sunlight; however, Kuroko saw the tears running down his face.

It trickled down slowly, his lips pursed tightly.

"Kuroko?" Satoru's voice came out in a husky whisper which sent tingles running up Kuroko's spine. The corner of the taller males lips curved upwards and he stalked closer to the smaller one.

Pulling Kuroko closer to him by his collar, Kuroko's eyes widened when the blonde bent down and hid his face on his shoulders, making Kuroko's heart thump faster than before. He could feel his uniform getting soaked by the blonde boys tears but he didn't care.

Being the gentle and polite boy he is, Kuroko comforted Satoru by patting his back.

"Stupid. Isn't it plain obvious that I'm not fucking okay?" Satoru bitterly says once he calmed down.

"Did you play in your P.E. class?" Kuroko bluntly says.

"I did. And I regret it. Can you see now, Kuroko? This is what happens when I go back to that sport. Can you stop pestering me about it now?" Satoru leaned his head on Kuroko's neck and snakes his arms on Kuroko's waist.

Kuroko could feel his heart bursting out and his stomach churning at the close contact but he disregarded it and nods in reply to what Satoru said.

"I understand, Satoru-san. I will not ask you again. But could you please show up in every game? That way, the other upperclassmen will know that you're supporting them. Cheering them up doesn't require playing and you can always help the team out without being a member. Just show up for them." Kuroko opens the topic up and Satoru listens intently.

It isn't a bad idea, actually. It sounded good and satisfying for Satoru. He released a chuckle and hugged Kuroko happily, "You're a clever boy. I'll try my best then. "

Kuroko couldn't get happier when Satoru finally agreed to show up. He may have failed in making him go back to playing the sport but at least he knows that Satoru didn't really lose his interest in basketball. That's enough. His upperclassmen can also gain courage and support in this way. Its an alternative ending where Satoru could fully agree and cope up with.

"You should really stop tempting me, cutie. You're making it hard for me not to fall for you. " Satoru suddenly speaks.

Kuroko felt his face heat up and heard a chuckle from Satoru who poked Kuroko's red cheek.

Smirking mischievously, Satoru leaned closer to Kuroko's ear and whispered, "Were you pestering me these past few days just because you want me to focus on you?~ Are you in love with me, Kuroko?"

"I-I....um....please d-don't say such t-things, Satoru-san." Kuroko stutters and Satoru just ruffled his hair.

"Just joking~" Satoru patted Kuroko's back and dragged the guy away with him back to the building.

"Come on~ you still have a freaking practice and I doubt Riko would let you off being late."