White Wedding

Chapter Ten: White Wedding

*~*~*~*

"This isn't awkward at all." I whispered to Mark as I faked a smile as I handed Joel another napkin. 

"Relax, it's going great." He assured me. I only sighed as I glanced around the table at everyone that was here: Callie, Arizona, and both of their parents. With Callie and Arizona's wedding being soon we had all gathered for dinner together. 

Correction, Mark had dragged Joel and I along with him to this dinner, insisting that we should be there since we were a part of this dysfunctional family, too. 

"I'd like to propose a toast." Mark tapped his knife to his glass, getting everyone's attention. 

"Why is the sperm donor, his girlfriend, and her kid here?" I heard Arizona's dad ask his daughter as Mark got to his feet, his glass of wine in hand. "I thought tonight was a family dinner."

"Dad, I-" Arizona sighed.

"To two extraordinary women- may your lives be overfilled with love, happiness, and joy." Mark toasted as we all raised our glasses. "To Callie and Arizona- the mothers of my child."

"Oh, for God sake." Arizona's dad shook his head. "I-"

"Oh, Daniel." Arizona's mother chuckled. "Cheers."

"Cheers." We all echoed as we tapped our glasses together, even Joel, despite his own confusion. 

"Do you ever go by anything other than Colonel, Colonel?" Callie's dad asked.

"The Colonel." Colonel said, earning chuckles from around the table.

"Actually, um... we forgot to say grace." Callie pointed out.

"Say what?" Arizona asked.

"Yeah, we should- we should say graze before we eat." Callie smiled at all of us.

"Of course. Shame on us. Fork down, The Colonel." Mrs. Robbins told her husband. 

"What?" Joel's brows furrowed as he looked at me. It was understandable, we'd never said grace ourselves before.

"Just hold Arizona and I's hands." I told him. He nodded before taking Arizona and I's hands in his own, everyone else joined hands around us. 

"Mom, you want to lead?" Callie asked her mother as we all joined hands.

"Bless us, oh, Lord, and these thy gifts..." Mrs. Torres began while I sent Mark a look, finding him eating a breadstick.

"Amen." We all said once Mrs. Torres finished, only to be followed by the sound of Sofia crying.

"Oh. I'll get her. I'll go." Callie said as she got up from her seat. "I'll go get her."

"Can I help?" Joel asked. I smiled at how fond he had become of Sofia over the past few months.

"Of course." Callie nodded. I chuckled as I watched Joel hurry towards Sofia's room with Callie.

"Arizona, we sat next to a charming young man on the plane today, and he said he was going with his partner to march in a parade." Mr. Torres spoke up. "For pride?"

"Yeah. Those are good." Arizona awkwardly nodded.

"Oh. She couldn't be cuter if she tried." Mrs. Robbins hurried out of her seat and over to Callie and Joel when the two returned with Sofia in Callie's arms, wrapped up in a little pink blanket.