Chapter 8:

Ivy
******

I got out of my car pressing to lock it walking up to my counselors building.

I went from seeing her all the time constantly years ago when so many tragedies were going on in my life to seeing her now maybe twice a year or whenever I feel I need.

Sometimes because I feel like I might have a moment when thinking about the loved ones I lost, but now a days it's all good positive conversation. She's been one of the many helping hands I had throughout the years so I like to keep in contact here and there.

"What's up friend?"

I look up seeing Jigz smiling coming out the building.

"Hey." I said smiling back. "Still going here I see."

"Yeah, this a forever thing unfortunately. Well fortunately since it's a part of keeping me clean."

I nodded, "Good, good. Because even tho you don't think so I still care about you and ya well being. Always will."

"Same towards you and you know this."

"Better ugly." I said pointing at him.

"Now you flexin. I know we just friends now, but you know I'm still fine."

That nigga know he fine. One fine ass idiot. My nigga finer tho in every way.

I chuckled out loud shaking my head at my thoughts.

"What?" Jigz asked.

"Nothing. I'll see you on Thanksgiving I guess."

"Yeah, I'ma be at Cierra and Mike's. Her ass done begged me to make the baked macaroni make sure you get some, you know I'm king at this cooking shit."

"Aight." I said laughing. "She having me make my famous yams with marshmallows."

"I'ma definitely have to make sure I get some. Don't ever forget I was the one that taught you how to cook."

"Nigga, please. You wish." I said laughing as he chuckled. "Aight, let me get in here before I'm late."

"Aight." He said back.

"So how's everything?" My counselor asked smiling at me after we greeted each other. "I can definitely already tell this is a good visit. A happy one, you seem happy."

"I am." I said smiling.

"So update me what's going on? How's Ms. Mya?"

"She's great as always. A whole silly spoiled dramatic mess."

She chuckled, "That's good."

"Anddddd." I said dragging it out making her laugh.

"And?" She repeated.

"And I have a boyfriend now."

"Okay your blush is telling me a lot. So it's going good?"

"It's going great. I told you about him before Deandre."

"Ahh," she said grinning. "You're first everything. How'd this happen?"

"Well we had been texting for two months before he finally showed up here to surprise me. Then we started off dating and now we are together."

"This coming from the person that swore she was never gonna love again?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "Yes. I think, no I know I'm giving my heart to the right one this time."

"Good. Good. And so how are things with Jayon?"

"He don't matter." I said flagging her off making her give me a look. "No, I'm joking. But he just left here. I'm sure you know."