Chapter 9:

Ivy
******

"Babe, how we come here just to pick up my car to you test driving different cars thinking about trading yours." Deandre said leaning on to the window as I sat in the driver's seat.

"Bae, I should get it right?" I said smiling at him.

He chuckled before shrugging. "If you want."

"I'm not sure tho. I had my Lexus for what three almost four years now. It might not be the fanciest or best car out, but it's cute as hell and it gives me no problems. That's my baby."

"Well whatchu think?" I asked him again.

"Baby, it's whatever you want." He said.

"Mya, should mommy get a new car?" Deandre asked looking at her since she was in his arms.

"Um, I don't know." She said.

"Big help." I said.

"Ugh, I love it." I said hugging the steering wheel making Deandre and the sales man laugh at me.

We literally only came to this dealership so Deandre could return the renter car he's been driving since he moved back and sign for his new car and get the keys.

He got the Audi Q7 and I'm thinking about getting the Jaguar F-Pace. "We are gonna have his and hers SUVs." I said once we were leaving the dealership.

"Excited ass." Deandre said chuckling. "Better make up ya mind before somebody else come cop that."

"Nope, I'ma be back tomorrow with my car and whatever else they gonna need. That Jag is mine."

"Mommy, I want cheese noodles." Mya said when we got home talking about the cup cheddar noodles I buy her.

"Okay." I said.

"Remember me, you, and Slim use to fuck noodles up on a regular."

"All the time and still do." I said taking out the box of Ramen chicken noodles out to show him. "People can sleep on noodles all they want. They'll forever be a good ass snack."

"Deadass." Deandre said agreeing.

"Mya, come get ya noodles." I said after making them and letting them cool down.

She ran into the kitchen and straight to the fridge to get one of her little juices.

"Can you help me, Mommy? It's tricky." Mya said trying to twist the lid off.

"It's tricky." I said copying her.

"Deandre, where is my Coca Cola?" I ask looking in the fridge for it since I put it in here last night.

"Oh damn, baby."

"Deandre." I whined.

"I only meant to drink half last night, but it was so good I finished it. My bad baby. I'll pick you up another one."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "You know I crave cola during shark week."

"Yet it makes your cramps worse."

"You don't know my life nigga." I said and he laughed.

"Get him, Mya. Get him." I said cheering her on as they play boxed. He had the regular size red ones on and she had her small pink ones on.

"Baby girl, you losing." Deandre said continuing to gently throw punches at her sides. She was having a giggling fit, but she was throwing punches back.