Chapter 29:

EPILOGUE 7 years later - Part II

Jigz

"Parents, family members, friends, and all the potential boxers welcome again. We'll be starting in a few minutes and please help yourself to the food and refreshments." Angel announced for us again.

"Thanks for being here." I said coming behind her wrapping my arms around her.

"I wouldn't be anywhere else." She said smiling turning around giving me kiss.

Today is the grand opening of my boxing gym for the community I grew up in and around.

I became a part owner of the gym I would go to all the time when I was younger along side one of my best friend's Chris. Now I own this Boxing Gym with my other closest friend Cole. I am now 36 doing something that I wish I had around when I was younger.

I've been sober for years and just in a great place in general. I still talk to my counselor every once in a blue usually over the phone or video chat since this is a lifetime thing. But overall I've been in a great place in every aspect of my life.

"Alright everybody!" I called getting into the ring to get everybody attentions.

"My name is Jayon, I also go by Jigz. I'll answer to either. Thank you all again for coming I really am proud of the turn out."

"First I wanna tell you a little about myself and why I even wanted to start this boxing gym. I was young, wild, and did a lot of shit- excuse me stuff. I'ma try to control my mouth since there are a bunch of kids around, I'ma try." I said making a face that got a few chuckles.

"But yeah, I did a lot of stuff I shouldn't have. Growing up in the hood of the city there's definitely a higher chance that you'll be into or around some shit you don't got no business. That was me."

"And I did eventually find a gym that I started to go to and I would box here and there playing around, but it wasn't a legit program for me to be like okay you need to be focusing on this and not that. But that also plays in with having self discipline that I didn't have back then and I'm hoping I'm able to provide to some of you if not all of you."

"Usually if you wanna do something like boxing it's way too expensive or it's too far out the way. Nah, we need something right here in our own city that's affordable so I made it happen. I want this Boxing Gym to be a safe haven for some of you. Again hopefully all of you."

I started explaining more into details about the actual program and it's times, days, age groups, and the other side which is gonna be walkins allowed whenever during our open hours.

"This is my daughter right here." I said pointing out Miracle as she was getting her hands and wrists wrapped. "My wife still sometimes gets nervous when I have her in here boxing and throwing combinations. Even tho she's been doing this playfully since she was 5 and she's now 7."

"Yes, be careful." Angel said from the sidelines. I chuckled sending her a wink.

"I'ma show y'all what she's able to do and at only 7. Then any of us with a badge you can come up to and ask questions and we are open to listen and provide answers. I have business cards on the refreshment table and at the entrance please take one. If you wanna get signed up today let's do it. If you wanna take the application home and bring it back I'm fine with that too."

"We are late, but we are here." Cierra said coming in with Mike and their crew later on.

"Thanks for coming y'all. Jadie wadie, what's up?" I said speaking to my niece.

"Hey." She smiled waving.

"You gonna join my boxing program?" I asked her.

"I'm too pretty." She said making me laugh.