Chapter 30:

EPILOGUE 7 years later - Part III

Ivy

"Uh uh, look at my greedy mommy." Mya said getting into the car making me look back at her and she was holding the phone up towards me.

"Ew, she greedy and nasty!" She said putting the phone closer to my snack which was a pickle with some Now and Laters.

"Uh uh, get out of my food. Who you on the phone with anyway? Don't be telling nobody my business or showing me."

"It's me so shut your greedy ass up." Cierra said.

"Yall mad." I said laughing.

"I had to call my god mommy since you were late today." Mya said.

"Girl, bye. I'm right on time." I said.

"No you're not, mommy. I was waiting."

"What five minutes? Would you rather wait for me or wait for the bus?"

"My daddy is never late."

"Girl, I'll beat you and your daddy up." I said and she laughed.

Mya is now 12 years old and still can be a mess and a half.

"Auntie!" I yelled walking into Angie's house.

We stopped here since she said she made us two apple pies. We came right away because she knows how much we love her cooking and baking.

"Where y'all coming from?" She asked hugging Mya kissing her forehead.

"I just picked Mya up from school. She had that after school program she joined today." I said.

Ms. Angie still to this day has her own restaurant. She even opened another restaurant a couple years back. So there's one in the hood still and there is now one more out the way.

"Chance!" I yelled when he walked down the steps.

"Boy, put a damn shirt on." His mom said.

"Mom, this my house too." He said and she rolled her eyes.

"You ain't paying no bills yet soooo, oh okay."

"Don't play like I don't help out tho." Chance said.

"Yeah, don't play him Auntie." I said.

"Both y'all shut up." She said.

"I still can't believe you are 23 and in college now." I said hugging Chance standing on my toes to kiss his cheek up. "Aw, where does the time go? You were just my 7 year old baby before I even had my own babies."

"Tink, chill." He said laughing scrunching up his face.

"How's college going?" I asked. "Not too long until you are done."

"It's coo, it's coo, and yeah I can't wait."

"Where the rest of your crew?" Ms. Angie asked about the rest of my kids.

"With Deandre. They are all at Tate's football practice. We are about to go meet them there." I said following Chance into the kitchen.

"I got them in a bag in the fridge, Tink." Ms. Angie called.

"Okay." I said back opening the fridge door.

"Ohh she made shrimp pasta salad." I said.

"Uh uh, nope. That's to go with our dinner tonight don't let Tink near it she'll try to eat all of the shrimp out of it!" Ms. Angie called.