Chapter 12:

Ivy
******

"You better not be about to tell me you're thinking about going back to your illegal street days." I said.

"Babe," Deandre said.

"No, don't babe me." I said trying to pull my hand away from him, but he wouldn't let me. Instead he pulled me closer to him.

"Can you listen to me first?" He asked.

I folded my arms over my chest as he held my hips. "Do you trust me?" He asked.

"With my life."

"Then you know I wouldn't put you through no shit like that. I been done with that life and I meant that."

"Then if this guy was an old friend what the hell did he want?" I ask.

"He had came to New Jersey with his girlfriend maybe a year after I moved out there. He hit me up letting me know he was in town and we should link. I said coo, that was my people."

"We were all drunk out one night. He wanted to disappear wanting me to cover for him with his girl. I wasn't with the shit, but again we were all drunk."

"You didn't." I said getting where he was going with this.

"His girl was coming on to me and one thing led to another. I told him the next day outta respect for our friendship. He wanted to argue and fight I wasn't with the shit because I know I was the one wrong in that situation. I admitted that."

"He wants me to join his crew." He said using quotation marks. "Talking about it'll be payback. For some shit that happened 5-6 years ago? Fuck outta here. I swore after I graduated and my little brother was killed I was done with that shit and I meant it. I'm grown with a business and a family. I'm not backtracking for no fuckin body."

"Good."

"And nobody just randomly walks up to my lady making her uncomfortable. On some civil shit or not. No fuckin body."

"I'll kill over you." He said looking in my eyes.

"Stop, I know." I said wrapping my arms around his neck before kissing him.

"Blushing ass." He said running his hands from my hips to my ass.

"Shut up." I said smiling.

Cierra and Mike's Wedding Day

"Best friend you are so beautiful. I'm so excited for you." I said sitting down next to her.

"Thank you baby." She said grabbing my hand.

"I'ma cry like a baby I already know it." I said.

"Girl I been holding tears in since I got up this morning. Veronica was talking to Mike this morning and she said the same thing. He gonna say, y'all need to man the fuck up. He so rude."

"He gonna get emotional to so he need to shut up." I said.

"Right."

"Deandre better come on with my baby." I said looking at my phone.

"Where they at anyway?" Cierra asked.

"She woke up this morning being dramatic crying because her nail polish on one of her fingers were messed up talking about some, it's not gonna be perfect for the wedding. I'm like are you serious? No let's go. But noooo Deandre just had to give in and take her. They both pissed me off."

We here already. Deandre replied to me.

I went out the big dressing room we have to go find them. I found them in the reception room where the partying will actually take place.