Chapter 18:

Cierra

"What are you doing?" I ask walking into the kitchen seeing Mike at the stove.

"What's it look like? I'm making breakfast." He said.

"Um you can't even cook." I chuckled giving him a confused face.

"Well I'ma try." He said cracking a egg into the bowl. He did it okay, but the second one he dropped the cracked shell into the bowl. "Shit."

I rolled my eyes, "Move. Let me do it before you burn down our house." I said pushing him out the way.

"You got it boss lady." He said holding his hands up backing away.

"Mike, what the hell is this?" I said noticing the plate with burnt bacon on it.

"It's crispy, what you mean?" He asked.

"That's burnt." I said picking one up shook my head then put it back down.

"In offended." Mike said. "I tried to do something nice for my wife and this is how she reacts. Damn."

"Leave the cooking to me, babe." I said finally getting back to the bowl of eggs I got distracted from.

"Oh I'm babe again?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked and I nodded. "Why you acting like I cheated you or some shit?"

I sighed. Okay let's go there and get this conversation over with.

"Yeah, let's go there." He said as if he read my mind grabbing my hips pulling me in between his thighs as he sat on a stool.

"I don't mean to come off like you cheated. My feelings were just hurt and I still kinda feel a way. One, I found out my now husband has a another son by someone else. I would have never imagined this in a million years. Then he's only a few months younger then Noah. Two, you fuckin hid it from me for months, Mike."

"I wanted to tell you at the right time and things kept coming up-"

"That's a bullshit ass excuse and you know it, Mike. I'm your wife. As soon as you found out regardless of when or where you should have pulled me to the side and let me know what was up. Yes, I still would have been in my feelings hurt about it, but we could have worked through this process differently and together from jump. Not me having to find out from the hoe herself. In a relationship there's no secrets and you know that."

"Okay, you're right. I fucked up on that part thinking I was protecting your feelings not wanting to see your reaction not thinking about the longer I waited the worst your reaction would be."

I folded my arms across my chest staring at him.

"I love you." He said giving me begging eyes. Them damn eyes.

"What's his name?" I ask.

"Carter." He answered and I nodded.

"What's the hoes name?" I ask not remembering.

"Katrina."

"Hoe fits her better." I said.

"So what's the plan?" I asked.

"Well I wanted something 50/50 which she agreed to luckily because I wanna avoid lawyers and court all together if possible." I nod understanding that. "I don't wanna just be a weekend dad and that's what she wanted at first, but I got her to agreed on four nights each back to back."

"We'll have him Friday night through Monday night this time." I nodded.

"Okay. So when are you telling Noah and Micah?" I ask since Friday is two days away.