Chapter XXX: Surprised Yet, Bitch?

~Diana’s Point of View~

“Thank you all so much. You’ve been a great audience and I will see you all again soon!” I yelled out into the microphone, short of breath from the singing and playing. The crowd erupted in cheers for the last time tonight and the lights went out.

It finally struck me. I was on stage. I was singing. I was playing. There were people watching me. I was on stage.

“Let’s go celebrate!” Niall exclaimed once Louis and I were backstage as the people back there still cheered their heads off.

“I…” I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. The entire world seemed to spin in a massive speed and I wasn’t able to follow up to it.

“We’re all really proud of you, love.” Harry hugged me. Or at least I think it was Harry… I couldn’t tell.

“You don’t look so good. Maybe we should head back for the night?” Someone said. I felt my leg failing to carry my weight, even with the aid of the crutches and I was just about to hit my bum on the floor when someone caught me by my arms.

“Careful.” They laughed quietly.

“Diana.” Someone came towards me, but my eyes couldn’t focus on anything and my ears couldn’t make out any distinct voice. “Spectacular job out there tonight. You’ve done great.”

“Actually, Simon… we’re going to head back to the hotel.” The person that held me still, spoke up.

“Of course” Simon agreed and turned away.

“Hey Annie, are you okay?” Liam asked and grabbed my shoulders. Don’t get me wrong, I still had my vision blurred and my ears pumping blood violently, but Liam was the only one to call me ‘Annie’, just like Lou was the only person to call me ‘Danny’ and my mum to call me ‘Di’. I guess I could recognise who people are by the nicknames they use. “You look really pale, love.” He placed a warm hand on my forehead.

“Is she sick?” Niall asked (again, it’s his accent that gives him away…) – Liam directly, ignoring the fact that I was standing right in front of him.

“No temperature, but I don’t know…”

“Well, maybe she’s just in shock. I remember how I felt after my audition to the X-Factor.” Niall laughed his famous laughter.

“Come on, let’s get you back to the hotel and make you some tea.” Zayn said (now I could start making up the sounds, but not yet the sight of anything).

***

I was led to the couch in the living room, whilst Liam, Harry, Zayn, and Niall all sat around me. They all tried to make conversations with me, but I couldn’t respond. Before I knew it, Louis placed a warm blue flowery cup of tea in my hands.

“You really were amazing out there, love. Everyone loved you and you looked so natural…” Liam said with a warm smile as an addition to his soft tone.

“Danny, singing with you was totally ace!” Louis exclaimed and planted a kiss on my nose, which made Liam clear his throat territorially.

“I’ve seen more than enough on stage today…” he laughed, but still had a bitter tone to it.

“Hey! It was just a peck on the cheek!” I laughed and hit his arm playfully, careful not to spill any of the steaming tea on myself or anyone around me for that matter… I totally forgot about being in utter shock for the moment and everyone stared at me with eyes wide open, but then started laughing and making kissing noises. Well… Liam didn’t, whereas Louis just puckered up his lips towards me, but earned a smack from Liam for that.