Chapter XXXV: Welcome to Your New York/Life

~Diana’s Point of View~

My world was slowly crumbling down under my feet. I felt a wave of shame wash over me when Zayn took my wrist and pulled me closer to the three concerned looking lads. I hated myself now more than ever.

“Let me see your arms.” He said and pulled me until I stumbled and fell next to him on the floor. I was about to fall on my face, but I stopped myself with my hand. The glass shatters pressed harder and deeper into my skin and I hissed in pain.

“Oh my God, Danny, are you okay?” Louis rushed over and picked me up. I was in too much pain and too knackered to respond, so I just let out a small whine and clutched my pierced hand with the other. “Let me see.” I couldn’t resist, mainly because I didn’t have the strength anymore.

“I think Lou might have some tweezers.” Zayn said, looking over Louis’ shoulder. I bit down on my lip at the thought of someone pulling out the glasses from my hand.

“I’ll go get them.” Harry announced and left in a hurry, before I could protest.

“I should text Niall and Liam.” My head shot straight up to Zayn’s face, which caused me to get really dizzy. I begged him with my eyes not to say a word about this whole thing. “They should know we found you.” He added with a sigh. I let out the breath I was holding.

“Love, you really don’t look so good.” Louis pointed out. I shrugged my shoulders, which again, took much effort. “Lay down.” I didn’t move, so he took the liberty to move me himself, placing my head gently on his lap.

“Your mum left.” Zayn informed me. “Liam is worried sick about you, Ana.” I shut my eyes tight and let the stream of tears roll down my face, leaving a warm salty trail on my cheeks and on my nose.

“Tell Liam we’ll meet him at the hotel.” Louis said, stroking my hair.

“We have a flight in four hours, man.” Zayn replied sadly. My eyes perked open and I shot myself up to a standing position, nearly falling from the impact on my left leg. “What the hell?”

“Danny,” Louis opened his mouth. I have no idea why I was standing up, but I knew I couldn’t just seem as fragile and hopeless as I portrayed.

“We should probably head back now.” I said with a rough, teary voice. I pulled my sleeves down, hissing quietly from the friction of the wool on my cuts. Louis took my arms and uncovered them once again.

“We’re not leaving until we figure this out.” He said. Figure what out? Idiot, they’re probably going to put you in a loony bin or whatever. I thought to myself.

“I found tweezers!” Harry announced from the entrance to the room. “And Niall…” he muttered quieter. I shot my head towards the door to see Niall wide eyed, staring at my arms. He had that same look as the one he had back in Dublin. I felt Louis’ hands release from the grasp, not completely, but enough to give me a clear moment of covering my arms. “Sit.” Harry instructed and motioned towards the couch.

“Where’s Liam?” Niall asked without taking his eyes off of me.

“Still backstage, but I doubt he’ll stay there for long.” Zayn replied.

“Ana…” Niall placed his hand on my right knee. I cringed under his touch and he took away his hand in remembrance of what I told him. “Shit. I’m so sorry, Ana. I didn’t mean to…”

“What?” Louis asked confused. “Does your knee –“

“No.” I added quickly before any subject could be created.

“I’ll do it.” Niall grabbed Harry’s tweezers; well they were Lou’s… “You better go keep Liam away from here.” Zayn and Harry nodded and turned to leave, but Louis stayed behind.