Chapter XLI: Front Pages Are Your Pictures

~Diana’s Point of View~

“When did you do it?” I asked harshly. I knew I should be gentle on her, but I just couldn’t and wouldn’t believe it. Was this how Louis felt with me? No, he probably was just mad at me.

“Please don’t be mad…” she sobbed lightly. This is the first time I’ve seen Kelsey cry. Ever.

“I’m not mad, Kels. When did you do it?” I sat down next to her and placed my arm over her. “Niall’s been worried sick for you.”

“Oh God… I really screwed up, didn’t I?” I laughed a bit and shook my head.

“You didn’t screw up. You just… worried him.” She looked sadly at me.

“When I heard the glass breaking, it reminded me of when I did it. I was struck with the memories of it and I couldn’t help but want it. Am I crazy? I must sound crazy…” she shed a tear and I wiped it.

“You’re not. Remember? I know what it’s like.” She gave me a sad smile. “Did you take a glass when you came to the kitchen?” I asked, suddenly realising her perfect opportunity. She looked at me shocked, but then eased up and dropped her gaze in shame. I just opened my hand in front of her face and motioned for her to hand it over. She sighed and handed me a rather large piece with bloody edges on it. My eyes started to well up with tears and I stood up to throw the glass away. “We should head back.” I said once I got back to the table.

“I… I just want to walk around a bit.” She said with a sniff.

“And what exactly am I supposed to tell Niall when I come back?” then, an idea struck me. “Come with me to Wolverhampton.”

“N-n-now?” she was shocked. I beamed and nodded my head. “Can we get breakfast at least?” I shook my head amused and nodded as she went to the queue to order something. When she got back, she handed me a warm cup of tea and a biscuit. “It took me five freaking minutes to explain I wanted a cookie.” She said.

“That’s because it’s a biscuit, darling.” I said with an exaggerated posh tone. She laughed. “Now come on. I have to go somewhere, but I’ll show you around and you can walk there.” She stopped in her tracks.

“Go where?”

“I just have to do something, but I can drop you off at my mum’s flat. No one’s there.” I said, pulling her arm to keep walking.

“Fine.” She muttered. “But invite the boys so I’ll have at least something to do.”

“I… I can invite Niall, but no one else.” If I invited Liam or Louis, especially both, I would never be able to go. Harry and Zayn may cause no harm, but I wouldn’t invite them without the rest. It just wouldn’t be fair.

“Why?” she thought for a minute, but then smiled. “You know what? Doesn’t matter. Invite him over and we’ll watch a horror movie.” I laughed at her idea. Kelsey was never the type to watch a horror film. She’d always scream really loud and cover her eyes, and then pretend that she’s tired when it got to the best part.

“I don’t have much variety of horror there, but whatever you find… sure.” I laughed. She rolled her eyes at me.

“We won’t be watching. I would be snuggling close to him for protection.” I laughed even harder and then pouted, since I really want to do the same with Louis.

“We better take our luggage from Liam’s flat before we go. I don’t think I’ll be making the two hour ride more than once today.” I said. She nodded with a pout and we were out of Starbucks and into the flashing cameras.