Chapter XLIX: Let Me Be the One To Save You

~Louis’ Point of View~

I heard shouts coming from Danny’s flat and when I stepped closer, I could make out that it was her shouting. Why is she so pissed? She sounds so… different. There was a very loud door slamming noise that boomed throughout the entire complex, since her flat’s door was wide open. I started walking towards her flat, but right as I was about to get closer, she came out of it, holding her earphones in one hand and her car keys in the other.

“Where are you going?” I asked her, but she just flew by me like I wasn’t even there and plugged in her earphones. “Danny!” I called after her as she started to sprint down the stairs and into the parking lot under the complex. I can’t let her drive like this… but what happened? Who was in her flat to make her this mad? What happened? I decided to take a breath and see what was going on.

Niall and Kelsey were both silent on the couch of Danny’s flat. Niall’s hands were covering his head and Kelsey just bit on thumb anxiously.

“Where did she go?” I asked coldly. Niall shot a pained expression at me and shook his head. I turned to Kelsey, who still refused to look away from her distinct point on the wall. “What the hell is going on?!” I shouted.

“What’s going on in here?” Liam asked with Danielle by his side.

“Hey, where’s Diana?” Danielle asked confused. No one spoke up.

“She didn’t go to -” Liam opened, but I shook my head. I doubt that she went to see him. Every time she did, she would look as pale as a ghost and be extremely nervous. She wasn’t now. She just seemed like she was pissed off beyond imagination. She almost seemed like she was… shit!

“Where would go if you were her?” I shouted at the horrified Kelsey. She didn’t respond. “Damn it, Kelsey, I don’t give a fuck about what happened. Just answer!”

“Calm down, mate.” Niall placed his hand on my chest. I just wanted to punch him.

“Can no one see what I am seeing?” I yelled and my voice cracked. Liam seemed to finally get a grip on what was happening around him.

“She would go to a park somewhere.” Kelsey said with almost no voice. I slowly breathed in and out, trying to calm down. “Don’t go after her, Louis. Trust me, I’ve fucked up and the last thing she needs now is someone chasing her.”

“Let’s all just sit and wait. We can’t do much except wait for her to calm down.” Liam said whilst pinching his nose bridge. No one replied so we just took a seat on the couches. After about fifteen minutes of silence, Niall’s mobile rang.

“Hello?” he answered. “WHAT?!” We all stared at him horrified. “How the hell did it -”

“What?” Liam whispered to him and Niall put a firm finger  in the air to shut him up. In my mind, I already thought of a million possible cases as to what was going on.

“Thank you…” Niall mumbled to the mobile and then dropped it onto his lap. “There was an accident.” He whispered without looking at any of us. I shot up to my feet and Liam did the same.

“Where is she?!” I screamed out.

“Hospital.” Niall whispered. I started to run to my flat to grab my car keys, but Liam already pulled at my arm and before I noticed, I was in the passenger seat next to him.

***

“Excuse me,” Liam tried to remain calm whilst addressing the receptionist. “I’m looking for Diana Payne. She’s my sister.” The woman gave him a sad expression and my heart sank.