Chapter XLV: Goodbye Isn't Forever, Most Times...

~Diana’s Point of View~

“May I have this dance?” Louis asked once the ceremony was completely over and the slow music started. Mum made sure that the music selection would not consist of any One Direction, The Fray, The Script, Eagles, or any other rock band. I rolled my eyes at her decision, but then I thought it would probably be for the best.

“I don’t really know how to dance.” I admitted and blushed at his charming posh accent. He pulled off the gentleman very well. His usually messy hair was pulled and styled, making his half-smile look like a smoulder. He was wearing a black tuxedo and a blue tie with a light blue blouse under it.

“Neither do I, so I guess we’ll just teach each other.” He smiled warmly and grabbed my hand.

“You have your own dance moves, Tomlinson.” I said jokingly as he pulled me closer to him.

“Really?” he laughed. “I was just joking.”

“Yeah, whatever you say.” I laughed with him.

“You look beautiful tonight.” He whispered to my ear as my head rested on his shoulder. His fingers intertwined with mine and his other hand rested on my back, which was revealed entirely until just a bit below my ribs, so not too much. Still, though, it was much more than I fancied.

“Louis…” I whispered back in a sigh.

“Danny, please let me have this one complement. You look beautiful tonight, accept it.” He said. I smiled at him and we kept dancing in silence. The whole area was filled with dancing couples, but Louis and I were the only ones here. The music stopped, but we didn’t. We kept dancing and twirling and swaying to the unheard rhythm.

“I love you, Louis Tomlinson.” I whispered once we stopped. Now, we were truly alone.

“I love you, Diana Payne.” He whispered back.

“Dana?” Kelsey asked, exasperated behind us. I looked at her with a question. “Your mom is leaving.” She said. I smiled at her and pulled the edges of my dress as I started to walk towards where her decorated car was parking.

“I will see you back in New York, Mum.” I said to the hug. She sniffed and held me by my shoulders.

“No, you won’t, Love.” She said with a sad smile. I stared at her horrified.

“What do you mean?” I asked, almost shouting, but no one heard.

“Look at you; the music stopped about thirty minutes ago and started about two hours ago. And you are still with Louis. Darling, I knew you weren’t going to stay since the moment you came. You are always welcome to visit, but you know better to stay here.” I was shocked by her gentle words. Tears were forming in my eyes, but I wouldn’t let them smear my makeup; Kelsey would kill me. “I love you.” She whispered into the second hug. I hugged her tighter.

“I love you, Mum.” I said louder. “Thank you for everything you’ve done for me. You’re the best mum I could ever ask for.” she sniffled and pulled apart.

“Now, don’t make me cry. I’ve been good until now.” She laughed.

“I will visit. I promise.” I said. She got in the car next to Derek and they were off. When I turned around, Liam was the first person I saw. Even though he was holding Danielle’s hand, I hugged him as tight as I could.

“Hey, I know.” He cooed in my ear. I couldn’t take it and I just let my tears out. Surprisingly, I didn’t feel the makeup running.

“I’m staying.” I whispered to him. His hug got tighter around my body.