Chapter XLVIII: It Was Deliberately Accidental

~Diana’s Point of View~

“Since this is going to be your first concert without the knee brace…” Lou said teasingly. I blushed a bit. “I thought you might want to dance and move a bit, as well. That’s why I put your hair up, so you could have the freedom.” She explained while showing me my hair in all directions.

“I don’t really dance, though.” I said shyly.

“You don’t have to actually dance. If you just move around, people call it dancing.” She explained. I laughed and nodded. “Ready?” she asked. My stomach turned and I nodded slowly.

“Do you know if I’m playing tonight?” I asked her.

“I think Simon wants you to just focus on singing, but if you want… I could talk to him.” I smiled at her and shook my head.

“Thanks, but I’d rather just sing for tonight.” She nodded and hugged me.

“You don’t need it, but good luck.” She laughed. I was instructed to get to the stage, but wait on the popping platform. I’m starting up with the speech, and then I have a transition to Good Enough, then… then… Little Me. I tried to remind myself in my head.

“Danny,” Louis grabbed my hand just as I ducked under the stage. We looked at each other with no words. He then nodded once at me and I nodded back confidently. We broke apart and the stage popped up, revealing thousands of screaming fans. There were hundreds of signs with my name on it, which made my eyes well up with tears, happy tears.

“London, are you ready?” I screamed into my familiar blue and silver microphone. The crowd went mental with screams. I laughed. “Wow. Being here tonight is just… surreal. I’ve missed this so much!” I said with a huge smile. The crowd kept cheering and shouting and waving their banners. “As promised, I will choose 5 random people at the end of the concert to come backstage with me, but for now… I have something to say to you.” I said. I haven’t noticed, but there was a stool behind me, so I walked back until my bum reached it and then sat down. “So I am sure you’ve all heard of my little ‘retirement’… well, I am here to cancel that. I am not going to retire any time soon. Wow, you people are just amazing! I love all of you so much!” I laughed into the microphone to their cheers and shouts. “Okay, now I don’t know who listened to the show this afternoon I had with Grimmy, but he did ask me a question that I promised to answer tonight… for those who don’t know what I’m talking about, he asked me why I moved to New  York. Well, you see… being on tour with the lads has been an amazing experience for its own, really. I would do it all over again if I could, but it also brought some… issues. I wasn’t the perfect girl they probably expected me to be and a lot happened in the three months I was with them.” I took a deep breath and closed my eyes so that I could focus without getting side-tracked from what I wanted to say.

“Just so you’ll know, we’re all proud of you.” I heard Louis’ voice in my earpiece. I smiled and adjusted the piece with my fingers a bit, hoping he would somehow see this gesture as a hint that I heard him.

“Any road, I changed. I’ve done things I’m not proud of and I just wanted to say that going to New York has been an experience I wouldn’t ever want to change. Before, I was mad at my mum. I didn’t want to talk to her and I just… sorry, I’m getting distracted.” I smiled shyly at the silenced crowd. I guess they’re really listening to you, eh? I thought with a smile. “I moved to New York because I had no choice. Now, don’t hate; but Liam basically kicked me out of his flat so that I could live with Mum.” I laughed it off like it was no big deal.

“Hey!” he whined in the earpiece.

“Actually, he’s telling at me right now.” I laughed and pointed at my earpiece. Everyone in the crowd laughed with me.