Chapter VI: What Happened?

I let out a scream from all the blood, but Liam didn’t seem to see it. Was he blind or something? I blinked twice and it was gone. I’m going insane.

“Shhh… I’m here now. I’m sorry for getting mad earlier. I love you so much Annie.” Liam cooed in my ear. My arm was pressed onto his chest and it stung with all the fresh cuts on it, but I didn’t dare move a single bit. Slowly, my sobs calmed down into mere hiccups and until even those were gone.

“Li?” I asked weakly with a hoarse voice. He looked at me, cuing me to go on. “Can you sleep here tonight?” I felt like a stupid 5 year old that keeps asking people to sleep with her because she’s too afraid of her own damn shadow. But wasn’t I?

“Of course. Make some room here fatty!” The smile he brought to my face when he agreed, vanished immediately with his comment. I know he was joking, but his words hurt so much… oh Liam, if you only knew… “Hey, are you alright? Did I do something?” I shook my head violently and lay in bed, facing away from him. He doesn’t need to know anything. I pulled at my sleeve until it covered half of my palm, and then just to be extra cautious – I tucked it under my head. Liam collected me in his arms and placed his arm over my waist in protection.

“Hahaha! Look at you! You’re so childish! Still asking your big brother to sweep in youw bwed? Awww. How adorable! One problem, ‘pwincess’, Liam hates you! He h-a-t-e-s you. You have no reason to be there with him. I think you should come back to me. I’ll have some fun with you every night. You’ll be mine. Come to me Diannie.” I felt arms wrapping my breast, though due to the total darkness I was in, I didn’t know what the hell was happening, so I screamed. Over and over again.

“please stop! I can’t… please! Stop!!! Please…” I started crying.

“Annie?” I heard Liam, but I was too confused and shocked to do anything. I kicked and screamed and cried at everything and anything I could find, including Liam’s nose. “Ow! Annie! Diana!!” he nailed both of my feet down with one hand, since the other I guessed to be busy with his probably bleeding nose. “Diana, wake up!” he shook my shoulders until I opened my eyes to see his nose bleeding and his eyes widened with fear and worry.

“I… I’m so sorry, Liam. Your nose…” was all I managed to get out of my trembling mouth. He hugged me tightly as he gently stroked my knotted hair.

“Shhh love… it’s alright. Annie, I’m not mad. That’s the second nightmare you’ve had in one night. What’s going on?” Should I tell him? But if I tell him he’ll get mad like before. No, I’m not telling him.

“I think it’s just side effects of those stupid meds. I’m sorry, Li. You can sleep in your room if you want.”

“No way in hell I will sleep in my room with you like this. What if this was you?” he pointed at his bloodied nose. I gave him another apologetic look and a tissue. He cleaned his nose and cuddled with me under the warm duvet. I couldn’t fall asleep, but as for him… he fell asleep in a minute. I pulled out my iPhone and reduced the brightness to 0% so that it won’t wake him up.

Ugh! Twitter is filled with hate. Just what I wanted. I turned the phone off after checking the time – 07:43. So it wasn’t completely early. I stayed in bed for so long… I fell asleep a few times, but soon forced myself to wake up out of fear of seeing / hearing him in my dreams and waking Liam up again.

“Annie, have you been up this whole time?” he asked when he finally woke up at 11:23!! Ugh that boy can sleep! I nodded and he buried his head in the pillow in a desperate groan. “Did you even try to go back to sleep?”

“Um… no…..” I said softly. There’s only SO much I am willing to lie to my brother about. Another groan and then his phone rang.

“Ello?” he spoke with his morning voice into the phone. “Yeah. Okay. See ya there.” He hung up and turned to me. “Niall was hungry, shocker, so we’re meeting up at Nando’s. Wanna join?” in my head, I was thinking of a way to decline, but Liam thought faster than me. “We’re leaving in 10, k?”