Chapter XLVII: Almost, But Not Quite Yet

~Diana’s Point of View~

“What took you so long?” Kelsey whined just as I entered the shop and took off my hoodie.

“Sorry, I had an interview on the way with Grimmy and I didn’t want to cut him off.” I said.

“We all heard you, Love. You were brilliant.” Louis hugged me. Somehow, I felt even more upset by the fact that Kelsey was the only one to not notice my interview. Even Niall heard it.

“Thanks.” I said plainly.

“Someone’s touchy.” Kelsey laughed. I gave her a “look” and turned away. “Okay then…” she mumbled. I sighed quietly.

“You should try this on!” Jesy handed me an outfit that I couldn’t look at from her shielding hands. I rolled my eyes with a smile and went to the fitting room with the mystery outfit in my arms. It was a long pair of blue skinny jeans with ripped parts on the thighs and high waist. Along with the trousers, she packed black braces and a red and black plaid t-shirt. I laughed at her taste, but I liked the outfit she picked.

“Get out!” Jade yelled.

“Yeah! Let’s see our star!” Leigh-Anne called out. We all laughed and I exited the fitting room.

“You look like a true Little Mix girl.” Zayn marked, making everyone laugh and Jesy nodded proudly.

“You look beautiful.” Louis said with a warm smile. “No surprise, though…” I rolled my eyes and turned to Kelsey.

“I think you look fine.” She said, but she didn’t look up from her mobile. Ouch.

“Wait!” Jade said and ran towards some other section in the shop. When she came back, she had a matching red and black plaid bow. We laughed, but it didn’t faze her. She placed the ribbon on the side of my head, pinching my hair behind my ear. “Now you’re ready for your concert!” she shrieked excitedly whilst jumping up and down and clapping her hands. I laughed.

“I like it.” I said to her and Jesy.

“Now we need to find you some shoes!” Perrie said. All the lads grunted, but all the girls (except me) – shrieked in excitement.

“Oh come on, Ana!” Leigh-Anne said. “Don’t you want some other shoes than your Vans?”

“They’re pretty comfy…” I whined. She rolled her eyes at me and drugged my arm to the register.

“It’s on me.” Jesy smiled at me and handed the cashier her credit card. “Think of it as a belated birthday gift.”

“My birthday was eight months ago, Jess.” I said.

“Okay, so a very belated birthday gift. Or a very early one!” she laughed. Despite my efforts, she didn’t let me pay for anything, so I just gave up. But! I will find a way to repay her.

“I’ll wear it tonight.” I said with a smile.

“Can’t wait to see you in it!” Jade beamed and my jaw dropped. “What?” she asked innocently. “You didn’t think that we were actually going to miss your concert now, did you?”

“Miss, no. But I didn’t think you’d come.” I admitted.

“Wouldn’t miss it in a million years. I’m only sorry we haven’t been able to show up to any of the others.” Perrie said with a smile.

“Shoes!” Leigh-Anne shouted out excitedly once we were at the shop. We all laughed and turned to different sections. Personally, I hated high heels and preferred trainers better, but the girls all brought me different shoes with heels of this height or another.