Chapter LIII: Football and a Ring?

~Louis’ Point of View~

It was Monday morning now and I had to leave to Glasgow in an hour and a half. How could I ever leave her now?

“Good morning, beautiful.” I whispered to the still peacefully sleeping Danny. She fluttered her eyes a bit and woke up with a slight smile. I handed her the glasses from the counter and she put them on without a word.

“Good morning.” She smiled at me.

“How do you feel today?” I asked and tucked a piece of loose hair behind her ear.

“Brilliant.” She said, but I knew she was lying.

“You know it’s alright to say what you really feel, right?” I joked.

“It’s nothing, though.” She sighed.

“So there is something.” I said jokingly. She closed her eyes and sighed.

“My stomach hurts a bit.” She said in a whisper.

“It will hurt, Danny. And it’s okay to tell me when something is wrong. You don’t have to always be strong.” She looked at me mortified. She was about to say something, but I cut her off with a smile. “If I was hurt in any way –“

“Don’t say that…” she cut me off. I smiled at her warmly and put one finger up to make her quiet.

“If I was hurt in any way, would you want me to hide it from you just so you can be happy?” she thought for a moment and then shook her head.

“No.”

“Then why are you any different?” she seemed to have caught on what I was saying.

“I’m sorry…” she whispered and closed her eyes.

“Don’t apologise, just tell me when something is wrong.” I smiled at her.

“I promise.” She smiled slightly at me.

“You know I have the football match today, in Glasgow, right?” I said sadly.

“Oh.” She said simply and her smile vanished.

“But I’ll be back by the time you wake up tomorrow.” I tried to cheer her up a bit.

“You’ll be amazing.” She said with a warm smile.

“I’ll be missing my good luck charm, though…”

“Give me your hand.” I was surprised by what she said, but I obliged and gave her my left hand. “Do you have a pen anywhere here?” again, I was surprised, but I handed her a black pen from the counter.

“What are you doing?” I asked as she opened the pen with great difficulty because of her heart monitor.

“Drawing you a good luck charm. Now stop moving!” she laughed. I sighed with a smile and held my hand still. “No peeking!” she giggled.

“Better?” I asked her and placed my right hand over my eyes.

“Much.” She laughed. I waited a few more moments and then created a slit between my fingers, but she was staring straight at me and pouted when she saw me peek. “Cheater.” She rolled her eyes.

“Not a cheater, I’m just curious.” I tried to defend myself.

“Yeah right, Tomlinson.” She laughed. “It’s ready.”

“Are you just amazing at everything you do?” I asked her with a huge smile as I stared at the three-leaf shamrock on my hand. The leaves were made of hearts and the stem was curved a bit.