Chapter XXI: It All Started with a Piano

~Louis’ Point of View~

“How’d she sleep?” Liam asked once I got to the kitchen and met the four VERY curious lads.

“We didn’t do anything, you perverts!” I said loudly whilst the things she told me rang through my head. My beautiful baby was nearly raped by a random arse in a bar.

“The fact that you just assume that’s what we were thinking…” Zayn wiggled his eyebrows at me and Niall laughed. I rolled my eyes and smacked the back of Zayn’s head. Well, Harry was being quiet…

“Haz, are you okay?”

“Yeah, just still can’t get over the fact you’re dating her.” We all stared at him and he just shrugged his shoulders.

“What the hell’s that supposed to mean?” I roared up and Liam soon joined in on my anger. Harry was my best mate, but I couldn’t help but feel the urge to punch him in the damn face! How dare he talk about Danny that way?

“I’m just trying to figure this out, mate. She’s been seriously nothing but trouble so far.”

“It’s my sister you’re talking about her!” Liam yelled.

“I’m not saying anything about that, but have you seen twitter? Have you even been awake to see everything that is going on here?” I just couldn’t believe what I heard.

“I swear, if you say anything like that to her…” I trailed off, hoping he would catch the threat.

“Mate, maybe there is a bit of reasoning behind Simon’s decision of not bringing her on tour.” I lunged at Harry, but Zayn and Niall both held my arms back.

“Just shut up! You don’t know what she’s been through!” Now all eyes were on me. “You don’t know what you’re doing to her by this little game of yours, Haz. You two were best mates before we got here and now you’re practically killing her.”

“What the hell are you talking about?” He asked confused, obviously affected by what I said, though he tried to keep his attitude.

“She talks in her sleep.” Liam shot his head up at me, obviously knowing what I was talking about. “Mate, she thinks you hate her and I can’t stand by anymore. It’s going to be her birthday in four days; can you just stop the fights until then?” Even though I wanted Harry and Danny to be mates again, I would settle for a simple “being nice” for the time being. Honestly, she has said much worse things in her sleep than what I told the boys, but these weren’t things I was going to share with any of them. I watched as Harry dropped his head in shame.

“I’m going to go shopping for the day. Does anyone want to join?” Harry announced and Niall, Zayn, and Liam all agreed. Normally, I would agree, too, but I was not going to leave Danny alone.

Once the boys all left the hotel room, I went back to the peacefully sleeping Danny. I sighed in relief at the most beautiful girl, who just so happened to be mine. She’s actually mine. Diana Emilia Payne is actually my girlfriend. I got in the bed and cuddled close to her, sheltering her from her inner demons.

“Please don’t be mad.” She muttered in her sleep. I looked at her pained expression and studied every aspect of it, trying to analyse her dream. “I’ll do anything. I’ll be good enough, I promise.” I lightly kissed her cheek and she relaxed.

“Shhh… I’m here, love. Go to sleep. I’m here and I’m not leaving you. Nothing will happen to you. You’re good enough to me, Danny. You’re better than that, you’re perfect to me. Don’t do anything, Danny.” I grabbed her tightly clenched fists and felt them slowly ease to my touch.