Chapter 3: Forgot about me?

Chapter 3

After all it wasn't that bad with my brother's foot. The doctor took a quick look at it and said it was just a bit sprained. The only thing we had to do was make sure that Matt wouldn't stand too much on it for a couple of days. But as you know how little children are, after one day he was already running around again. I was relieved that he was alright, I had probably never forgiven myself if it had turned out different.

Worse was that I hadn't heard from Jessie anymore. Right after she gave me that non-subtile hint about that date, the nurse came to get me and my brother. So all I could do was grab a pen from the table and write my phonenumber on a piece of paper. I was hoping I'd see her back after the doctor's, but when we returned to the waitingroom she was already gone. So since then, I had spend my days waiting for a call or a text. But after two weeks, I still hadn't heard anything from her. I was kind of giving up the little hope I had left. She probably just forgot about me.

Today was nothing different. I was spending my time in my bedroom, lying on my bed with my phone on my belly, staring at the ceiling. Desperately waiting for any technological movement. I was trying to remember Jessie's face. Well, actually there was nothing to try. It just appeared in my head, every second of the day. I saw her very clearly; her bright smile, her wonderful green eyes, her red lips almost begging me to make actions. As I said: desperate. I was desperate because she didn't text me, I was desperate because she was following me everywhere, and most of all I was desperate because I hadn't thought about asking her phonenumber in return. What if she had lost mine? What if she stepped out of the hospital and the wind decided to take the piece of paper somewhere else than Jessie's hands? What if she was searching for me all over social media and stuff but couldn't find me because she only knew my first name? (I knew it wouldn't work because I tried the same thing already... What did you think?) But what... What if she really just forgot about me? Maybe that thing about the date was just her joking around. Maybe that was what she did all the time. Yeah, as you can see my head was about to explode from getting more desperate every second.

I was happy I could stop thinking about it for a moment, as I heard knocking on my door. 'Come in', I said and as I expected my sister stepped inside. 'Hey Rose', she said and immediately crawled on my bed and made herself comfortable. There we sat, facing eachother, our usual way of catching up. 'What's up Cat?' I greeted her. 'Nothing new, just brought Matt back to bed 'cause he was being annoying. Seemed that he could use some more sleep.' I smiled when thinking about my little brother and my older sister. We where like a trio from a tv-series or a movie, always on the run with eachother. When we went to the supermarket, people often thought we where a lesbian couple with a little son. You would understand if you'd know what me and my sister are like when we go to the supermarket. We argue like a married couple about what we're buying for dinner and which snacks Matt can have or not. I admit it's funny to watch.

My sister is 3 years older than me, she's twenty. Her name is Catherine, but I always call her Cat. For as long as I can remember I've never called her Catherine. She hated that name, so it's just simply Cat. Me and my sister have always been taking care for eachother. Our dad left when mum was pregnant from Matt. But to be honest, we where suprised it took that long. He was never home, always out for business or 'meetings', probably with very young and sexy collegues. I actually never really got to know my dad. I know how he looked and what his voice sounded like. But I can't even remember what he liked for dinner or what his taste of music was. Probably because I simply had never known those things about him. We stopped caring about him ages ago, just as he did about us. So yeah, my dad left and then there was just me, Cat, my mum and the upcoming baby. And as soon as Matt was born, it felt like our family was complete again. But after a year, mum started working again. And not just a bit, we hardly saw her anymore. She took off in the morning and came back when it started to get dark outside. So from that moment me and Cat not only had to take care of eachother, but also of Matt. What we didn't mind though. It was just the way it was. And that's how it still is. We don't really consider our mum as a mother anymore. She's more like an aunt who comes for a visit from time to time. We're practically raising Matt like he's our own child and we don't mind. We want to best for him in life.

Cat woke me up from overthinking. 'Hey girl, where you at? What's going on there on planet Rose?' She softly punched my arm. 'Everything alright?' My thoughts where back on Jessie. I felt how red blushed tried to make their way to my cheecks again. God, is there any way to learn how to control that? Cat saw it and her eyes lighted up. 'Ohhhh myyyy... Someone is in love...' She said dramatically. 'Noooo', I immediately replied, 'no I'm not! It's just... Oh really nevermind! It's nothing, I swear.' I wanted to tell her about Jessie, but I didn't. I knew my sister wasn't that happy about the fact that I liked girls. She once came home earlier than planned and caught me kissing with my first girlfriend on the couch. We never spoke about it after, but by that I knew she didn't like it. She was always trying to hook me up with boys but I always succeeded in figuring out a way not having to go on a date with them. Somewhere she should realise it...

After a few minutes I finally got Cat out of my room and I was alone with my thoughts again. I sighed while a fell back in the cussions on my bed. I just layed there, for another thirty minutes. My vision got blurry from staring at the ceiling without blinking. My eyes where getting so tired that I was about to fall asleep. But then, something happened. Something that turned me wide awake again. My phone started buzzing, I got a text. With a shaky hand I picked it up from my belly and faced the screen. There she was, saying: Hey babe, you promised me something last time... Still up for a movie-date? Love, Jessie. What was air again?

_______________________________

A.N. : Anddd chapter 3 is done! I promise they're gonna meet again in the next chapter... If there's something you want to happen, please let me know and I'll try to do something with it. I'll be trying to upload in the following week, hopefully on monday :) Enjoy your weekends!