Chapter 34: Recognition.

Jessie's POV

"In the blink of an eye, I was falling from the sky. In the blur..."

I always sang my lyrics out loud to myself during the process of writing a song, so I could properly hear if it sounded decent. I was very pleased with how today was going as I was working on the last song that had to be recorded for the album. Now it was only a matter of checking if everything fitted, but just when I started the first verse, I got interrupted by my phone. The buzzing caused an irritated sigh coming from my side while I tried to find the thing somewhere in my bag. When I finally found it, I saw it was Rose calling, which immediately made me forget about being irritated and put a smile on my face.

"Hi ba-"

I didn't even get the chance to finish my line as I immediately got cut off by a squeeling sound coming from the other side.

"You wrote Miley's new song?!"

Wow, what? Was she crying? I wasn't sure. She was probably somewhere between hyping all over the place and passing out. Damn, I was planning to surprise her tonight with the news. But, wait, how could she even know about this? My mind turned into one big chaos and I stood up to walk around in the little room while holding the phone against my ear.

"Rose, what is-" Again she didn't even let me.

"Slap me in the face and tell me this isn't true. Oh my fucking lord! Is it true Jess? Is it true? Is that your song she's singing?"

Rose was totally going crazy and I had no idea how to calm her down when I wasn't standing in front of her.

"Rose! Calm the fuck down! Where are you?"

"Uhm..." It sounded like she had to look around before she could answer my question. "Apparently still in my car in front of the shop."

"Come home. I'll be there in half an hour."

After she hung up on me I spent five minutes staring at the phone screen. What the hell had just happened? I had no idea.

I grabbed my stuff together and was about to leave the building when I suddenly saw my manager hurrying my way. I hadn't seen him all day so he must have just arrived. He was typing away on his phone like crazy but put those actions on hold for a second as soon as there were just a few metres left between me and him.

"Jessie! This is great!" He yelled euphorically.

Okay, could somebody please tell me what was going on? Because it seemed like I was the only one who had missed something. I sighed and lifted my arms desperately.

"What the hell is happening?"

William gave me a weird look when he heard what I was asking.

"What do you mean? Haven't you been listening to the radio?"

I shook my head and furrowed my eyebrows.

"I have an album to work on, remember?"

A gigantic smile spread on the man's face and it looked like he had just heard the best news he had in ages. We were now standing in front of each other and he laid his hand on my shoulder while trying to give me a serious look.

"Remember Miley's new single got released today?"

I sighed at the thought the whole surprise had been ruined.

"Yeah, I do..." I mumbled in thoughts.

Then again I still didn't get how Rose had found out. So hoping my manager was gonna answer me on that one, I looked up at him and saw that huge smile flickering again.