Chapter 28: The lonely girlfriend.

Chapter 28 - Rose's POV

Our first night in LA felt like we we're a married couple in a brand new house we had just bought and spending our first night in it as wife and wife. In one word it was just PERFECT. This was what I wanted to have for the rest of my life. It was like living a dream without having the fear to wake up too early. It was just simply wonderful.

Less wonderful was the fact that the next day I already got to meet the negative side of being with a career-making girl. Jessie got up at eight in the morning and a cab was waiting for her in front of the house. 'I have a meeting with the management', she explainded while quickly jumping into her clothes. 'I'll be back around noon.' One little kiss on my nose was what I got and there she left. I guess it was just gonna be me and the big white walls that day.

Dragging myself out of bed around noon, I walked to the kitchen and found a stuffed fridge. I had no idea how those things came there, but it was more than welcome. I made myself some yoghurt with fruit and got comfortable on the huge couch in front of the even huger tv-screen. I grabbed the remote and watched some silly American shows, just to pass the time. When I checked my phone a few hours later, it was already three o'clock in the afternoon and Jessie still hadn't showed up. It was like I had to push myself back over the border of my dreamworld to smack back against the hard floor of reality. Jessie was here for work. I think somewhere between the fight on the plane and our magical first day I had forgotten about that. But fact was that she hadn't talked about it either, which caused me to get slightly pissed. Ofcourse she had told me a million times about recording the album and stuff, but she could at least have briefed me a bit about what was going to happen now that we were here. Just leaving me in an empty bed in the morning with the message 'I'll be back around noon' and still not being home at three wasn't really the style I liked. Making me feel the lonely girlfriend in this way too big house wasn't my view on spending time here either. I had the feeling it was time for a serious girlfriend talk...

-------------------------------

At half past nine in the evening Jessie's head finally appeared around the corner of the big white wall of the living room. I was sat on the couch, a pizzabox and a bottle of Chardonnay being my guests for the night. I was furious and not even about to hide it. 'Oh god I'm exhausted!' Jessie sighed while walking in. I completely ignored her and took another bite of a slice. 'How was your day?' She asked like she didn't know what was going on. I could've smashed the pizza in het face right there, but I didn't. Instead I turned my head to face her and forced a smile on my lips which had to look more fake than a barbie doll. 'Ohh great!' I said trying to sound enthousiastically but letting the sarcasm dripping off very clearly. 'You know, I just love sitting around here all day, literally doing nothing but waiting for my lovely girlfriend to get her fucking ass back overhere... Seven. Bloody. Hours. Too. Late.' I held a dramatic pause after every word. Jessie's smile sank as soon as she realised how angry I was. I could immediatly read in her eyes how sorry she felt, but I wasn't planning to forgive her that easily. I was too fed up.

'Rose, things just got a bit out of hand...' I couldn't keep in a smirk when those words entered my ears. 'A bit?' I repeated. 'Jesus, Jessica! First you just leave me in the morning without briefing me properly and then you keep me wondering for fucking seven hours when you will finally come back home... And that's what you call "a bit out of hand"? You said you would be back around noon! It'a freaking 9pm!' Jessie wanted to say something but I didn't even give her a chance. The slice of pizza got thrown back in the box as I stood up. 'What's that thing called again to call or text someone with? Oh wait... A PHONE.' Crossed arms and shooting eyes was all she got after that. There we stood in aching silence for a few seconds. Jessie trying to figure out what she could say best right now. 'I wanted to return at noon as I promised...' she started quietly after clearing her throat. 'But suddenly the management came up with some stuff they wanted to be done.' I just kept on staring at her, not giving any response. 'Afterwards they wanted to introduce me to someone... Eventually we got invited for dinner and... I'm sorry...' She looked down at her nails and I could see she felt anything but comfortable about it. 'You couldn't say you had a girlfriend waiting for you out here?' I asked calmly. 'You couldn't ask if I could maybe come along? I could've taken a cab and...' I cut myself off in the middle of what I was about to say. There was this one thing in Jessie's eyes, in her whole attitude actually, that alarmed me there was something more behind this. Suddenly, it felt like someone switched on a light inside of my brains. Right then, right there, it all became pretty ugly clear.

'They don't know', I stated, trying to keep calm. Jessie didn't say anything, all she did was opening her mouth and closing it again right after. She bit her lip, looked away, searched eyecontact again and eventually stared back at her nails. They seemed interesting today. 'Jessie?' I asked, not succeeding in not letting my voice break. 'Answer me.' When she looked up I could see her eyes getting watery. 'I...' Nothing less but nothing more came out. I shook my head while the first tear made its fall into the unknown. 'Why?' I asked with a shaky voice. She shrugged hopeless. 'I'm scared Rose...' she eventually brought out. 'What if they don't like it? What if they don't want me to have a girlfriend? I don't know if that's gonna be good publicity anyway...' I laughed high pitched and shocked when I heard what she said. 'Jessie, please! You should hear yourself! Publicity? I thought this was all about your talent...' Jessie started nodding while she stepped closer to me. 'It is, Rose. It is... But that's not enough. I'm gonna need a fanbase, sponsors, publicity,... And if they break me down on that, I ain't gonna get any of those...' I smirked again while gripping with my hands in my hair. 'Ohh but don't you think the media are gonna love this?!' I yelled, my voice reaching its angry point again. 'The media are gonna love writing about the lesbian popstar Jessie J! Don't you worry about that! The publicity won't be the problem!' Jessie gripped my arm to calm me down but I pushed her away immediately. 'Maybe they can already start searching a perfect match for you. 'Cause the publicity will be around for sure... But I don't know if your girlfriend will still be too...' My voice got smuttered by tears as I ran off to the bedroom. Leaving a shocked and speachless Jessie behind together with bitter tears and an aching heart. But I think I didn't mind at that very moment. I wanted to make her feel the same she did to me.
____________________

A.N. : Hope you enjoyed it. Good luck to everyone who's having exams! Promis I'll have more time to write after they have passed :)