Chapter 55: Home's where the heart is.

Jessie's POV

That moment when Rose laid next to me in the hospitality bed, that moment our lips finally found their way back to each other... That moment I finally became myself again. I had told myself things were getting better, but only then I realised nothing had been better at all. The only thing that could make me feel alive again was her love. And now I finally had it back. The feeling of her lips on mine was just like waking up from a horrible nightmare and realising everything was okay now. And when she smiled her cute smile at me, I knew she was thinking the exact same thing.

It seemed like Rose had an excellent influence on my recovery and that's why after another week I was allowed to go home. Although we were in LA, I didn't doubt for a minute that 'going home' definitely meant 'going back to the UK'. We didn't even talk about it, I just booked our flight tickets and we left the day after. Luckily the management didn't make a problem about it. William moved back to the UK himself and said I was allowed to take all the time off I needed. He said he'd be waiting for my call and didn't want to hang up the phone before making clear he had a lot of patience. I found it heartmelting that they were all so concerned about me, but right then I wasn't planning to go back. At least not for the upcoming year. I'd had enough of all the fame and publicity. Right now, I justed wanted to sit back and enjoy life together with her.

----------

But as everyone knows, sometimes things in life don't turn out the way you had planned them to. When you love something so much that it just defines who you are, it's just impossible to give up on it from one day on the other. Me and Rose were now living together in my apartement in London and she had found a job nearby. Rose going to work, meant me sitting at home alone whole day long. During the first weeks you find a lot of things to keep yourself busy with, but after some time had passed... The first sign of me relapsing into my little world of fame, was getting back on checking my social media every day. Reading my fans were begging me to make my return made the want itch even more. The second sign was catching myself on making up lyrics in my head again. I tried to ignore it, but before I clearly realised what I was doing, I was walking around with my notebook again and writing them down whenever they came to my mind. The fact is that sitting at home day in day out gives you a lot of time to think, which caused me to write five new songs in three days. And even though I tried to deny it to myself, I knew that they were damn good. And so, after a while, I arrived to the point where I decided to turn my world upside down again. And that's why after being home for only three months, I was back on the phone with William. There was a mountain of offers waiting for me, and all I waned to do was picking the biggest one.

"You're 100 percent sure you wanna do this, Jess?"

"Jesus, William, I'm dying here. I'm not made for locking myself up at home... I need to do something... I need to do what I love the most."

"What about Rose?" His question dropped a long, tense silence.

"I'll take care of that..."

Oh, would I?

-------------------

I had been in the kitchen all day, preparing a big meal for when Rose would come home. I had literally thought about everything she liked and somehow turned it into a buffet that looked like it wasn't even real. I wanted everything to be perfect, in the hope that would make bringing up what I actually had to say a bit less hard. When I heard her key unlock the front door, I slightly jumped. Checking out the table for one last time, I quickly unloosened my ponytail and let my hair fall over my shoulders, hoping it would look okay.

"Hi, hon-"

Rose's words caught in her throat when her eyes met with the work I had done. Her jaw dropped slightly and I couldn't do anything else than smile at her face.