S2 Chapter 15

"Isn't it weird that they suddenly pulled back? Stopped the whole investigation?" Ashton frowned as he, together with Michael and Liam, left the building.

"I don't know. Maybe they just finally accepted it? Dinah did presented a lot of strong evidences. I guess they finally backed off?" Liam shrugged, "Whatever it is, I'm just glad we're done with them."

"Yeah, we should just be thankful." Michael agreed, "We have other important things to worry about, like Zayn's and Harry's health."

"I still can't believe someone we known for so long is capable of doing that." Liam sighed, "Makes you really paranoid of all the people around you."

"Yeah, but maybe this news will cheer them up and give us hope." Ashton smiled.

"I hope so. My parents had been nothing but great people, they don't deserve what's happening to them." Liam sighed, raising his hand to grab a taxi.

"We'll all get through this." Michael nodded.

Liam's phone then suddenly began ringing.

"Oh, can you guys try and get us a taxi while I get this? It's Dad." Liam said after checking his phone.

"Oh sure, go ahead, mate." Ashton said before turning to catch a taxi's attention.

"Hello?" Liam answered the call, "Dad, what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

Liam froze when he heard his father's reply, eyes turning glossy before tears began escaping down his cheeks.

~~~

"Lou, why we out? We see Papa!" Zayn frowned when Louis began leading him out of the hospital.

The nurse said his Papa was having some 'complications' so they had to bring him to an emergency room. They were all waiting in there, Zayn can hear some 'Beep... Beep... Beep...' inside the room where his Papa is.

That was until he heard a long straight 'Beep'. The kitten tilted his head in confusion, while Louis suddenly froze. The doctor came out and gestured something to Louis. And the next thing Zayn knows, Louis was walking him outside.

"Lou," Zayn whined, "Need go back to Papa. What if he awake now?" he frowned.

Louis stayed silent, just pulled Zayn in a tight hug, "You know your Papa loves you, right, Z?"

"Yeah, Papa always says so." Zayn said a little confused.

Louis just nodded before sitting Zayn on a bench nearby then kneeling next to him, "Yeah, and he really does... but uhm... there are times when... uhm... people we love and loves us... uhm... need to go..."

Memories of his mother replays in Louis' mind. It was one of the most painful event in his life. How can Zayn go through with this?

"Go where?" the kitten asked.

"Well, I... er... uhm... there are times where they have no choice but to leave us..."

"Leave? Like... when Papa go to bakery?" Zayn asked.

Louis sighed, "Your Papa's going to be gone for a  little long while, Zayn."

~~~

"Papa, up! Up!" Zayn cried as he continue shaking his father, slumping on his chest when his Papa won't move.

After learning what 'Death' was after a long talk with the older cat hybrid, Zayn pushed Louis away and immediately run back to the hospital and looking for his Papa's room.