S2 Chapter 16

"Oh... uhm, thank you, Zayn..." Harry forced out a smile when Zayn dropped another dead bird on his lap.

The kitten purred when Harry stroked his hair then walked off to where Louis was, in their new living room.

"Poor little guy." Niall sighs as he take the dead animal off his husband and threw it out.

"Maybe we should just stop forcing Zayn to talk about Cameron?" Harry frowned as he stir his tea, "It's just stressing him out. He's doing fine on his own as long as no one mentions his name."

Harry going back to life was a miracle, and the doctors could not believe it. They gave him a little check up, everything seems normal and fine except for the large wound on his stomach, it'll heal after a while though.

After another day of rest, Harry was allowed to go home. Niall forbid Harry to go to work and will stay at home until his wounds are fully healed. Harry argued until Niall full on began nagging and threatened Harry that he will be sleeping alone for a while. The curly haired actually shut up at the latter since their bedroom activities were involved.

"They're giving it one more week. If Zayn still acts the same, they'll leave him alone. He seems to be improving well now that you're back." Niall said before wrapping his arms around Harry's neck, "You scared me so much. Don't you ever face a rabid hybrid alone." he huffed.

Harry chuckled before kissing his husband on the lips, "I don't think I will be anytime soon. Cameron's finally gone, and I'll be extra careful from now on."

~~~

"What do you mean HE may be alive?! I fucking poured bleached all over his insides, ripped out some important organs... how the hell is he alive?!" Louis hissed quietly at Calum, mindful of Zayn playing with the butterfly spring toy thing again.

"Look, I'm not entirely sure yet, but from the little substance that was taken from Harry might have something to do with it."

Louis' ears and tail perked up in alert, "You mean Harry's not safe?!" he whispered with wide eyes.

"No, no, Harry's completely safe." the dog hybrid answered, "The substance was taken, and Harry's... alive."

"What's that supposed to mean?" the cat hybrid asked as he worriedly glanced at his mate, who's still crazy and playing with his toy.

"Ashton had found a match of it. There's only little research about it, the kind who produces this substance doesn't even have an official name. Anyway, that substance can be modified by its producer, it'll either kill its victim or..." Calum took a deep breath, "take over it's body if the producer added his DNA with the poison."

Louis' eyes widened, "W-wait... what...?!"

"The taking over the body part requires killing the victim, or 'vessel' as they call it, so the DNA can do its thing and take control over the body. The producer does this if he knows his body, or current vessel, is weak or in danger." Calum explained.

(AN: This is a fanfic, fuck how Biology works...)

"So he knows..." Louis clenched his jaws, "He tried using Harry, but failed... right...?"

"Yeah, I suppose so... the substance was taken out, at least most of it, and well... Harry's alive..." the dog hybrid shrugged.

"What if he isn't Harry...?" Louis looked worried, "He did die..."

"Don't worry... new vessels have symptoms; it includes difficulty in movements upon waking up until like well, before the day ends I think. They'll have a hard time controlling their arms and legs, holding stuff, walking etc., pretty much like a baby just starting to learn about their motor skills. Sudden change of personality is a symptom too, and they usually 'resurrect' at least two days after the vessel died. Harry managed to save his body by some sort of miracle, and probably the fact that most of the substance were taken out of his system." Calum explained.