S2 Chapter 18

Louis shifts uncomfortably on the mattress on the floor. The digital clock on the bedside table says '5:45AM', making the brown cat hybrid huffed in annoyance. An ear twitched when he heard Harry shift on the bed. It caused some kind of chain reaction, Niall shifting his position to lying on his back, while Zayn was heard purring between his two fathers.

The older hybrid can't help but feel lonely and a little jealous. He was already used to Zayn sleeping near him that even the littlest distance feels so big to him and uncomfortable.

It also confuses Louis. No unfamiliar scent was inside the room, nor everywhere in the house, he and Calum tripled check every corners. But Harry was so determined to let his youngest sleep inside the same room as he and Niall, Louis included since Zayn doesn't want to leave his mate alone.

Louis feels alone though, only Zou beside him gives off a source of comfort. Zayn placed it there himself after hugging and explaining to the stuffed bear why Zayn won't be sleeping with him. It melt Louis' heart on how innocent the little interaction was, and he hadn't let Zou out of his arms ever since Zayn kissed them both goodnight. Unfortunately, it wasn't as comforting as having his actual mate in his arms.

The cat hybrid sighed again before closing his eyes and trying to get at least a little sleep before the day starts.

Sleep isn't taking over and Louis is getting frustrated. Starting to get a little cranky and annoyed.

"Lou?" a soft yawn spoke.

Louis opened his blue eyes before turning to face the bed's direction. A smile can't help but form on his lips when he was met with a still sleepy looking kitten, "Anything wrong, Z?" he whispered.

The kitten just shrugged before jumping on the mattress, "Keep waking Z." the kitten huffed.

"What is?" Louis asked before wrapping his arms around the raven haired kitten, a burst of calmness and content inside him as he held his mate close.

"You." Zayn muttered as he cuddled further, "Kept feeling lonely when wake up." the kitten yawned.

"Oh... I'm so sorry, baby." Louis frowned before kissing Zayn's forehead.

Zayn shifts around until he found his beloved stuffed bear squished between him and Louis, "Zou suppose to help Lou not feel lonely!" he scolded the stuffed toy.

"Don't be too mean to him, Z." Louis chuckled, "Zou was a great help, but Lou just misses you so much."

Zayn giggled a little, "Z miss Lou too! Papa and Daddy squishes Z!" he exclaimed with wide hazel eyes staring up at Louis' blue ones.

Louis chuckled, "That's okay, love, your daddies just love you so much."

Zayn just nodded as he yawned, hugging Zou tight after making himself comfortable inside Louis' arms, "Sleep, Lou?"

"Will gladly do." Louis sighed in happiness before closing his eyes and finally falling asleep, wrapped around the comforting scent of his mate.

~~~

"We deprived them of their sleep, Haz." Niall sighed as he dry their dishes, talking about how Louis and Zayn are still asleep, "They missed breakfast."

"Ni, it's our responsibility to keep everyone safe. We're the oldest here." Harry sighed while wiping the table with his non broken arm.

"Calum didn't smell anyone though. Haz, maybe we should ask Dr. Kordei if there's any alternative to the meds you're taking, because it's clearly giving you bad side effects." Niall looked at his husband, face full of worry.