I should be careful around you.

"Asano-san."

The both of them walked to exit the school and Tokoyami stopped when he heard the words of the principal.

"You should be more careful and take better care of yourself Tokoyami-kun. You're making people worried." Then the adult walked away letting the younger boy who was frozen.

Tokoyami's POV :

'I never asked anyone to worry about me. They should mind their own business.'

I exited the building and got straight to Kaede-chan's place, on the way I got a message from my father who was asking where I was.

'Trying to play the good father like always.'

I replied to him that I was having a study session at Kaede-chan's place and he replied that he was fine as long as I have good results.

When Kaede-chan got back, she gave me clothes to change. I gladly took them and putted off the damn bandage I had around my torso. After we studied and she helped me with my wounds without forgetting to curse my father in the process.

'I hope I will be free of this soon.' Was my thought when I got to sleep.

Kaede's POV :

This morning when I wake up, I look beside me to see Tokoyami sleeping peacefully, then my eyes showed sadness.

'Nobody shoul have a life like yours Tokoyami.'

I looked at the clock to see that it was time for us to get prepared or else we'll be late for school but I don't really want to wake her. I got near and shook her, after a few minutes her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning Kaede-chan." She said with a sleepy voice while rubbing her eyes, I chuckled. 'She's so cute.'

Tokoyami was staring at me with sligtly narrowed eyes. I tilted my head. "Something wrong ?"

"Stop looking at me with this look, I know exactly what you're thinking and I'm NOT cute." She answered while getting out the bed and into the bathroom.

I was preparing our bags when I heard my cousin's voice from upstairs. "Kaede-chan, can you come help me ?"

I went to the bathroom and she gave me bandages. "Can you help me to wrap them ?" She asked looking at me from our reflections in the mirror. Her eyes were empty and even in the mirror she was avoiding my gaze.

"Of course Yami Yami." I answered with a smile.

"You didn't prepared our lunch yet ?"

"No, why ?"

She took a few minutes to respond. "I'll prepare you a bento."

"Ehh ? But you don't need to and you still have to do your own-" I tried to  argue.

"Don't worry about that." She cut me off.

*Time skip*

Like she said, Tokoyami prepared a bento for me and now, we were on our way to Kunugigaoka's school. The walk was quiet, neither of us was talking or trying to start a conversation but the silence wasn't awkward so it was fine.

"Nee Chichinashi." Came the voice of my young blonde haired cousin beside me.

Usually, I would be mad at her for using this nickname but the tone she used was serious although her eyes were still empty.

"What is it Yami Yami ?"

"What would you think if... I got back in the A Class ?"

I completely froze on my spot and Tokoyami took a few steps before noticing it and stopping as well to turn to me.