o n e

CHAPTER ONE( NAME )

CHAPTER ONE
( NAME )

     CARMEN HESITATED, LETTING out a sigh. Her brown eyes never left those of his, captivated by something of a spark that started in her lower back, and traveled into her chest. His touch- even through the material of her favorite sweater- made her shiver.

"Yes," She replies steadily, clearing her throat. "I'm fine."

Elle pulled her friend from the boy's arms, before glancing around at the four other boys that began to come together beside him. She let out a heavy groan, before looking back to the crowd.

"Cam, I think I know why they're here," Elle mutters to Carmen, straightening her t-shirt. "And I know why they were screaming at the top of their lungs."

Camera flashes burned the girls' visions, and Elle was yelling in a minute.

"Hey there, sir! It is not kind to do that!" Elle yaps, shoving away a mid-aged man, who had somehow got out of the hands of a security guard. "I believe you should apologize for deeming my eyes as unfit to see through."

She sighs, her hand on Carmen's arm once again, giving her a knowing look.

"I think we should go," Elle says, her eyes not leaving the band of boys as they watch in confusion. "Like, right now."

Carmen stumbles forward after Elle, heading for the doors as quick as they could. They manage to open them in a short second, before looking back at the still screaming girls.

"Wait! I didn't get your name," Zach calls out, moving forward.

But before he could get any closer, they were out of the exit, and sprinting to Elle's car. The only thing Carmen could do was shoot him a smile over her shoulder, and hope to see him again.

__♔__

"What do you think about this one?" Elle asks, holding up yet another book. "It seems good. The cover is pretty, don't you think?"

"Yeah, but have you read the summary yet?" Carmen raises an eyebrow, before scanning over the teen fiction book area. "I'm sure you could figure out if it was a good book if you read the summary."

"It doesn't have one," Elle huffs, brushing the hair from her face. "See? Look at the back. There's nothing there."

"That's because it's inside." Carmen states without looking up from the row of books on the shelf. "Check the inside cover."