b o n u s - c h a p t e r

BONUS CHAPTER( CRAZY )

BONUS CHAPTER
( CRAZY )

     CARMEN GIGGLES TO herself, her fingers intertwined with Zach's. Aurora had previously thrown a box at Jack, hitting him square in the jaw. The boy had simply glared, Callie clinging to his arm as she holds back laughter of her own.

"Happy Valentines Day, bitch," Aurora gives him a grin, plopping down in Jonah's lap. "Hope you like it. I spent some extra time researching what I should get for you, so you better appreciate the extra effort."

"If these aren't Cheez-it's, I'm returning them," Jack mumbles, shaking the box wrapped in colorful paper.

It had been over a month since the New Years party, and the group was as happy as ever. Aurora and Jack still bickered constantly- which didn't come to a surprise to any of them, and Zach was still as protective over Carmen as he was when they first got together. Time seemed to fly by, but they were all there for each other when it was needed the most.

Aurora had managed to get the group banned from another resturant, and four stores. But they made great memories in the process, and that was all that mattered.

Adrian and Daniel had been the first couple to exchange gifts, followed by Callie and Jack, then Jonah and Aurora, Addilyn and Corbyn, and Zach and Carmen. And afterwards, they all decided to exchange gifts with one another. Aurora had volunteered to be the last to give out her gifts, wanting to give a greater 'effect" by making them wait.

Zach had bought Carmen two dozen roses, a dozen in white and a dozen in red. And then, he had given her a small teddy bear to match the large one she had received for her birthday. Carmen gave Zach a box full of his favorite snacks and candies, along with the movie of his newest favorite book, Before I Fall, courtesy of Aurora.

"What the heck are these?" Jack asks, dumping the box onto the floor. Inside the box were small packages, colored in blue and orange.

"Those are tide pods, dumbass," Aurora leans back, satisfied with her choice in gift. "Haven't you heard? They're the latest forbidden fruit, everybody's eating them. I was gonna get you some bleach to go with it, but I already drank the bottle we had in the bathroom."

"You want me to eat tide pods?" Jack gapes, tossing the empty box to the floor.

"You sure aren't getting any of my Cheez-it's, so you bet your ass you're gonna be eating something else," the girl snorts. "Who's next?"

"I would, but I'm not sure if I'm too fond of explosives," Corbyn jokes, placing his arm around Addilyn's waist.

"Damn," Aurora sighs. "And I was so sure you'd like yours."

"Actually, I have one last gift for Carmen," Zach announces, giving his girlfriend a chaste kiss on the cheek before he gets up from the couch. He disappears down the hallway, confusing everyone in the room.

"I didn't hear anything about him buying Carmen another present . . . " Adrian trails off, furrowing her eyebrows.

"I was with him, and he didn't get anything else," Jonah states, staring after the boy.

"Damn, I need a power nap," Aurora yawns, but perks up as her eyes land on Zach. "Nevermind, I think I'll procrastinate on sleep a little longer."

In a moment's time, Zach was taking his spot next to Carmen again, placing something in her hands. Carmen raises an eyebrow at him as he smiles widely, gesturing to what she holds.

"I just thought now would be a good time to return what was left behind," Zach explains as Carmen looks down.

In her hands was her copy of The Fault In Our Stars, the exact book she had left behind in the library when she had first met Zach. The girl places a hand over her mouth, a surprised laugh escaping her lips as tears spring to her eyes.

"I had completely forgot," she breathes, skimming her fingers over the cover. She flips to the opening page, seeing her old handwriting sprawled on the opening page.

Her old phone number was written down in case it needed to be returned, along with her signature "Carmen Elliott". Carmen removes her hand from her mouth, placing it in Zach's hand instead.

"I cannot tell you how grateful I am for our little infinity," Zach murmers as he stares into her eyes. "I wouldn't trade it for the world."

_____