f o r t y - f i v e

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE( FLIGHT )

CHAPTER FORTY-FIVE
( FLIGHT )

     CARMEN STARES DOWN at her phone. Zach watches the girl as she presses play, slipping on the headphones that he hands over to her. With a smile, the girl listens intently to the song that blasts in her ears, Zach hesitating as she furrows her eyebrows.

Daniel Skye glances over at the two, his eyes darting to the song on her phone.

"Who's the girl you're singing about in this song?" Carmen questions as she pulls the headphones off. "On 'Taking You.' Who are you guys talking about."

"No one," Zach chuckles, relieved at the reason she looked conflicted. "For a second there I thought you hated it."

"I love it," Carmen assures him. "I just got a little-"

"Woah," Daniel chuckles, hitting Zach on the shoulder. "Carmen, you need a little peanut butter for that jelly?"

The boy bursts into laughter afterwards, laying his head on the seat behind him. Zach grins at Carmen, who rolls her eyes as her cheeks heat up. She covers her face with her hands, hiding her red cheeks as Daniel Skye laughs lightly.

"You guys are so mean to me," She mutters, shaking her head. "Stop picking on me, Daniel."

"Which one?" Daniel questions, leaning forward immediately, his eyes landing on the girl. "Me, or the other Daniel?"

"Woah," Carmen fake gapes, laying the headphones aside as she mocks Daniel. "Daniel, you need a little peanut butter for that jelly?"

"I'm being neglected," Daniel stands up, his eyes searching for the slight attendant. "I'm being compared to Daniel Skye, and Carmen is just being rude."

"But you said the same thing to me!" Carmen gasps. "Daniel, sit down!"

"Don't use that tone with me, missy," Daniel says, placing his hands on his hips.

"Are you guys hearing this?" Carmen asks Zach and Daniel Skye incredulously.

"I hear every word you're saying, sweetie, and I don't appreciate your back sass," Daniel sits back down, snapping his fingers. "You need to stop being crabby, I haven't done anything to you."

"Daniel," Zach says with wide eyes. "Are you good, bro?"

"No, I don't believe I am," The boy sinks into his seat, placing a hand on his forehead worriedly. "Guys, I think I'm coming down with something."