f i f t e e n

CHAPTER FIFTEEN( WANT YOU BACK )

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
( WANT YOU BACK )

     CARMEN SMILES TO herself. Zach helps her into his jacket, careful not to hurt her broken arm. Within the past day, Carmen had gotten a cast, and news got out that she would be released early in the morning. And lucky for her, the day started earlier than she had expected.

She grabs her phone- which a nurse had received after the crash- and slips it into Zach's back pocket. Zach helps her over to a wheelchair that her mother had gotten moments ago, before Carmen stops and frowns.

"What is it?" Zach asks softly, looking down at her. "Are you okay? Do I need to get the nurse?"

"Can I walk?" She asks him. "I don't want to be helpless."

"Carmen, I don't think-"

"Please?" She tries again, her voice more pleading this time. "I promise I can handle it. There's nothing wrong with my legs."

"Fine," He caves. "But I'll only allow it if I can carry you."

"Why?"

"Because I don't want you to get hurt."

"I won't get hurt, Zach. I'm completely f-"

Before Carmen could finish her sentence, Zach had already picked her up bridal style, and began walking away from the hospital room.

---

Carmen grins as she gets out of the car, seeing Aurora from the kitchen window of the Why Don't We house. Zach is immediately by her side, his arm wrapped around her waist to keep her from falling.

"Zach, I'm fine," She assures him, trying to move from his grip.

"I just don't want you-"

"To get hurt, I know." She chuckles. "Alright, fine."

Once at the door of the house, Carmen twists the knob, and opens it widely. Almost as soon as it happened, Aurora was at the entrance with an armful of orange balloons.

"WELCOME HOME, CARAMEL!"

A wide smile lights up Carmen's face as she takes in the scene around her. She opened her mouth to say something, but Aurora cut her off.

"Caramel," She warns. "If you're about to say something along the lines of 'you shouldn't have', don't even bother."

Carmen glances at her, giving Aurora an odd look, but doesn't say anything. Once Aurora notices that Zach was supporting her, she snaps her fingers and turns to Jonah.