f i v e

CHAPTER FIVE( A PRINCESS )

CHAPTER FIVE
( A PRINCESS )

     CARMEN SITS UP on the bed. Looking around the unfamiliar room, she notices a clean pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt laying on the nightstand, along with a small note. She rubs her eyes, yawning dramatically as she rolls from Zach's bed, and picks up the small note.

'-Zach,' it read in cursive print. Carmen shrugs, slipping into the clothes without a second thought. They were baggy, but comfortable at that. She then proceeds to tie her hair into a messy bun, before exiting the room. She descends down the light hall, following the sound of voices.

"It's because Carmen is here," Corbyn says, confusing Carmen as the next sentence is muffled from the other room.

She steps inside, catching the attention of Aurora, Jonah, Corbyn, and Zach.

"What about me?" She asks, glancing around at the others.

"First of all, Caramel, how are you even functioning properly without coffee?" Aurora raises an eyebrow. "Why are you up so early?"

"I'm surprisingly a morning person," Carmen replies softly, sitting down at the dining table with a smile.

"That's stupid," Aurora comments. "Don't you need some coffee to keep you awake?"

Carmen shakes her head, looking at Zach for a short moment. He doesn't notice, though, as he's too busy staring at her. She looked beautiful, he thought, even without trying. Her heavenly voice sent chills down his spine, and he couldn't help but keep his eyes glued on her with a smile, especially seeing how gorgeous she looked in his clothes.

Corbyn nudges Jonah and Aurora in acknowledgement, nodding in the direction of Zach. With a smirk, Aurora grabs her coffee, before skipping up the stairs joyfully with Carmen in tow.

---

"I'm a princess," Aurora states, marching into the room while flaunting her new Disney dress. "Bow down, peasants."

Daniel bows down dramatically with a grin, before plopping down on a chair. Carmen follows closely behind her, small giggles leaving her lips as she prances. Callie's eyes widen at the sight of Aurora's small Cinderella dress.

"I thought you were joking," She murmers.

"Nope," Carmen confirms. "We were completely serious."

Aurora gasps, twirling around to face Jonah. "We were," She pauses, winking. "Dead Sirius."

Jonah shakes his head disapprovingly as Carmen sighs. Jack takes his chance to step into the room, interested in the conversation.