t w e n t y - s e v e n

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN( TIME'S UP )

( TIME'S UP )

     CARMEN FROWNS AT Zach. That night, the boy had insisted on doing everything for her while she lay in bed. And this was all because she had tripped over Corbyn's shoe, and fell on her broken arm. Her cries of pain were enough to make Zach flip out on the boy.

Carmen had attempted to assure him she was fine, but he wouldn't listen. After making sure she was fine, he left their bedroom to scold Corbyn again. But of course, Carmen decided she was going to intervene, and followed him into the kitchen.

"It's not his fault," Carmen says to Zach. "I just tripped over his shoe."

"It's fine," Corbyn assures her, relaxing on a bar stool. "I left it laying."

"See?" Zach says. "He's taking it because he knows I'm right. And you should, too. How's your arm."

"I'm fine," She sighs, taking the stool next to Corbyn. "I've already told you two times."

"I just wanted to make sure you-"

"Ask me again, and you'll be sleeping on the couch," Carmen smirks, grabbing an apple from the island. "That's a promise."

"Or really?" Zach raises an eyebrow, seemingly not fazed by her authority. "Challenged accepted."

"Zach, I don't think you-"

"Are you okay?" Zach asks Carmen, cutting Corbyn off.

"That's it." Carmen states, standing from the stool, and placing her apple back on the island. "You're on the couch."

"Oh, do I hear drama?" Daniel asks, following Carmen up to her room. "What's the latest scandal?"

"Zach is sleeping on the couch tonight," Carmen says plainly, pulling two pillows from the bed, and handing them to Daniel. She then proceeds to grab a sheet, and met her way to the living room.

"Oh, you can't be serious," Zach groans as Carmen begins to fix a bed on the couch with Daniel's help. "I was worried, Carmen. You can't put me on the couch for that."

"I can, and I will." Carmen says, stepping back as she glances at him. "Well, I hope you enjoy sleeping down here tonight. I'm gonna get some sleep, I'm exhausted."

"No," Zach pouts, grabbing the girl's uninjured arm. "Please don't leave me down here with these idiots."

"It's only for tonight, Zach. This will teach you to not be so overprotective."