t h r e e

CHAPTER THREE( FREDERICK )

CHAPTER THREE
( FREDERICK )

     THE FOUR SAT together in Starbucks. Carmen chewed on chocolate chip cookies, watching in amusement as Aurora stood at the front counter questioning the ingredients of everything on the menu. Zach, on the other hand, couldn't take his eyes off of Carmen- all the while a smile was placed on his lips.

Jonah stared openly at Aurora, amazed at her beauty. To an old man in the booth beside them, the sight was truly precious. He watched as the four interacted with smiles, finding the whole experience perfect.

"I remember when I looked at my wife that way," The man said in Zach's ear as he got up to throw away his coffee cup. "Keep going, son. You'll get her soon."

Zach smiles widely, before nodding at the man. With one last glance, the man was gone, leaving Zach to stare at Carmen again.

"So does this have sugar in it?" Aurora questions the girl behind the cash register as she points at a picture of a grandé caramel frappuccino. "Or is it sugar free?"

"Most everything here has sugar in it," The girl replies, looking annoyed. It had been nearly half an hour since they had entered Starbucks, yet Aurora still couldn't decide what she wanted- despite her many other encounters with the store.

"Are you sure?" Aurora furrows her eyebrows.

"Ma'am, I'm positive." The girl states, tapping her fingers on the counter impatiently. "So would you like to order?"

"I think I'll have a regular coffee- just dump a bag of sugar in it." She chuckles, turning back to the table where Carmen, Jonah, and Zach sit. "You hear that, Jonah? I like my coffee black, just like my-"

Carmen giggles, waiting for her to finish her sentence. Aurora glares at her jokingly.

"Why are you laughing, Caramel? I was gonna say oreos," She chuckles, looking at the cashier, who still stands with an angered expression. "Why are you just standing there, Jeanette? Shouldn't you be brewing my coffee?"

"My name is Jennifer."

"Hi, Jennifer. I'd like my coffee now, please. I don't think you'd like to meet my friend," Aurora reaches into her bag, confusing Carmen. "Would you?"

"What friend-?"

In an instant, Aurora pulls out an air horn, and pushes the button. The loud noise blares like a siren, scaring the cashier and Carmen. Zach and Jonah on the other hand, don't look surprised in the slightest.

Aurora shoves the air horn back in her bag, before turning to the others. "RUN! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO JAIL TODAY!"

__♔__