n i n e t e e n

CHAPTER NINETEEN( WATER )

CHAPTER NINETEEN
( WATER )

     CARMEN STARES OUT the window. She lays her head on Daniel's shoulder, trying to take a nap as Aurora mopes over her lack of beauty sheep.

"I fucking hate this," Aurora mutters from the passenger seat.

"Going to the beach?" Daniel questions.

"No," She says, rubbing her eyes. "Waking up this damn early."

"Aurora, it's not that early," Carmen teases.

"Are we almost there?" Zach asks from the other side of Carmen, looking quite jealous of Daniel.

"I don't know," Jonah replies. "I'm just following Callie and Jack."

Almost as soon as Jonah finishes, they pull into the beach house- making Aurora's mood brighten. They park next to Callie's jeep, Aurora jumping out immediately.

"Finally!" She groans. "Do you have any idea how terrible it is being in a car with Daniel?"

"Hey!" Daniel clutches his chest, looking offended. He and Zach proceed to help Carmen from the car- of which she yelled at them for.

"Well, there is one slight problem that I probably should have mentioned," Callie's friend, Alex, says as she climbs the stairs to the front door.

"Oh my gosh, is there a dead body stashed away in there somewhere?" Aurora asks as Zach wraps his arm around Carmen's waist.

Everyone casts her a weird glance as Jonah rolls his eyes.

"Um, no," Alex furrows her eyebrows. "I was going to say we are going to have to double up. There are only five bedrooms."

"I call Caramel," Aurora states, no hesitation in her voice. She then proceeds to stick her tongue out at Zach, pulling Carmen from his arm.

"But that means I get Jonah," Zach wrinkles his nose. "I want Carmen."

"Fight me, Heroine." Aurora narrows her eyes.

"You and Jonah should room together," Daniel says to Aurora. "Don't you think Zach and Carmen should have their own room?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" Carmen raises an eyebrow.

"It means that Zach is more cautious of your injuries," Daniel says obviously, crossing his arms over his chest. "He's slept next to you before, hasn't he? Have you woken up in any kind of pain?"

"Well, no," Carmen murmers, biting her lip. "Okay, I'll room with Zach."

The boy's eyes light up, of which Daniel winks.

"Okay, so I go with Jack," Callie clarifies as Jack wraps his arm around her waist with a smug grin. "Aurora goes with Jonah, Carmen goes with Zach, and Alex goes with Corbyn."