t w o

CHAPTER TWO( BLACKMAIL )

CHAPTER TWO
( BLACKMAIL )

     CARMEN'S ALARM CLOCK blared. She found it hard to believe that ten hours of sleep had already rushed past her, and ached for more of it. The clock screamed in her ear, causing her to groan and roll over. Carmen slammed her palm onto the snooze button, calming it's outbreak.

After rubbing her eyes, she snatches her phone from her bedside table, before skimming through her notifications. Two texts were from Elle, four from her older brother Braden, and one from an unknown number.

Confused, Carmen opens her messages, and reads the text from the unknown contact.

Unknown number - The Fault In Our Stars? Nice taste in books, coffee girl.

Carmen furrows her eyebrows, her eyes falling on the bag that rests in the corner of her room. She instantly dumps it's contents on the floor, shuffling the items around.

"You have got to be kidding me," She groans, seeing as though she didn't have her book from yesterday.

Sitting back on her bed, she studies the text, before sending a reply.

Carmen - I sure do, but may I have it back?

With a sigh, she places her phone aside, and lays back down on her bed. She's surprised as her phone rings immediately, signaling a text back.

Unknown number - Only if you meet up with me ;)

Carmen glares at the phone, hoping Zach could somehow see it. Unfortunately, though, she had no choice, as Zach would most definitely keep the book if she didn't show up.

Carmen - I will if there is food.

Instead of sitting her phone beside of her, Carmen stares at her phone expectantly. His next reply puts a smile on her face.

Unknown number - Always. Do you mind a double date?

Shaking her head, she lets out a chuckle, and replies.

Carmen - I didn't say it was a date.

Unknown number - Okay then. Will you go on a date with me?

Carmen's breath hitches in her throat, and her heart skips a beat. Since her ex boyfriend, she had declared that she would never go on a date with anyone else. It was a promise she made to make sure that she wouldn't get hurt again. All guys were the same.