e i g h t e e n

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN( WALMART )

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
( WALMART )

     CARMEN LEANS INTO the backseat. She glances at Aurora, who bounces around happily in the passenger seat. Raising a questioning eyebrow, she decides to ask about the random shopping trip.

"Is there an actual purpose to this spur of the moment Walmart trip?" Carmen asks, catching her attention.

"Yes," She replies, nodding her head. "We are dangerously low on gummies."

"They're extremely important to human survival," Jonah adds.

Once the car in parked, Carmen hops from Jonah's corvette, watching as Aurora hisses over the bright light. Taking Jonah's sunglasses, she slides them on with a smirk.

"I look fabulous."

"Beautiful," Carmen agrees, closing the car door. "PIGGY BACK RIDE!"

She jumps on Jonah's back, which surprises him. Zach is bewildered, glancing around as he had braced himself and was prepared for her.

"I want one, too!" Aurora yells, jumping onto Zach's back, just as Callie does the same to Jack. "Onward, my noble steed!"

Jonah chuckles as Carmen locks onto him, holding on for dear life. "Don't drop me, please."

"I won't," He promises, holding onto the back of her knees.

"We're going to need three buggies," Aurora declares, glancing over at the shopping carts.

Jumping from Zach's back, she hops onto the back of one of the carts. Carmen, on the other hand, makes no move to get off of Jonah's back. Instead, Jonah grabs a cart, placing her gently into it.

"I'm tired," She complains, curling up in the cart.

"Is there anything specific that we're looking for in here?" Callie asks.

"Nope. The plan is to divide and conquer," Aurora explains. "Caramel and Jonah will go one way. You and Jack will go another. Heroine and I will go get food."

Everyone looks at her, seemingly confused.

"When did we agree on this?" Jonah asks.

"Just now," She shrugs. "Lets go, Heroine. Chop chop."

Zach sends one last look to Carmen, watching as she waves at them. Then, they're out of sight, and Jonah turns back to the cart where Carmen sits.