t w e n t y - o n e

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE( GET OUT )

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
( GET OUT )

     CARMEN GROANS IN annoyance. Zach pokes her side repetitively, chuckling as she swats at his hands each time. She lifts her head from the sheets, narrowing her eyes at him.

"What?"

"Normally you're the early bird," Zach says. "Are you okay?

"I'm exhausted," She admits, sitting up to move the hair from her face. "I don't know why, but I couldn't go to sleep last night."

"Do you miss the beach house?" Zach raises an eyebrow, settling down in front of her. "Or did you have a nightmare?"

"Neither," Carmen frowns. "I felt . . . nervous. Something is off, I know it."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I don't know," Carmen shrugs it away, huffing as she stands. "But I do know that I need some coffee."

"Your wish is my command."

---

Carmen leans against Zach's knees as he sits on the couch, relaxing as she sips some hot chocolate that Daniel made her. Zach bends forward, and begins playing with Carmen's hair. He grins as she sighs in content, leaning further into him.

"Hey Caramel," Aurora says from her spot on her large teddy bear. "You should come join me with your bear. Teddy needs a friend that's his size, unlike Frederick."

Carmen laughs. "I'd lo-"

Carmen's response is cut off by the loud knocking that echos from the front door. Daniel and Aurora immediately jump to their feet, rushing to answer the door. But, to Daniel's disappointment, Aurora reaches it first.

"You've gotta be quicker than that," Aurora teases, running her hand through her hair, and opening the door with the other.

Daniel sticks his tongue out at her, moving behind the girl to see the visitor.

Outside the threshold stands a complete stranger. Aurora assumes he is a teenager, as he looks around a year younger than her. His expensive jeans are loose, but his black shirt is tight enough to reveal the outline of his abs underneath.

There's a smug look on his face, his eyes covered by sunglasses. Aurora notices that his hair is fixed in a way that reminds her of Zach's. She takes a disliking to him immediately.