f i f t y - f o u r

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR( NEW YEAR )

CHAPTER FIFTY-FOUR
( NEW YEAR )

     CARMEN RUSHES TO find Zach. New Year's Eve had finally come, and the group couldn't have been happier. A party had been thrown to celebrate both the holiday, and Jonah and Aurora's engagement. Music was blaring loudly in the ears of everyone in the Why Don't We house- including the parents of the boys and their significant others'.

The place wasn't overly crowded, which Carmen was happy about. The final thirty seconds of the countdown 'till the next year had started, yet the girl couldn't find Zach anywhere. She wanted to kiss him when midnight hit, but how could she when he was nowhere in sight? Carmen rushes forward, carefully past the parents of Daniel.

"Where are you, Zach?" She mumbles under her breath, ruffling the skirt of her black dress. The clock was down to fifteen seconds, and on played the song 'Nobody Gotta Know'. Not far off, the boys were singing to the girls- Carmen could hear them. She sighs, moving closer to their voices.

At the last few moments, Carmen manages to trip over the leg of a chair, falling forward instantly. But before she could hit the ground, warm and steady arms wrapped around her waist, a brunette boy swooning her carefully.

She stares up into the familiar chocolate brown eyes that she fell in love with, her heart melting instantly.

He chants the words of the song carefully, steadying her to look into her eyes. "I've been trying to find the right way to say to you, that I would walk a million miles to find my way to you."

"And there is no one else that ever could compare to you," Carmen murmers, placing her forehead on hers as she runs her thumb across his bottom lip.

"THREE!"

"TWO!"

"ONE!"

"Happy New Year," Zach says before placing his lips on hers.

Their lips move in sync, softly and filled with pure love. Carmen's heart pounds inside her chest, butterflies moving in her stomach. Confetti explodes into the air from the upstairs balcony, white strips of paper dropping slowly onto everyone.

When pulling away from the kiss, Carmen smiles to herself, glancing to the couples around her. She was finally happy.

Because no matter what- even after going through hell and back- she knew that Zach was the one for her. Those butterflies just kept coming back.

Every single time.

T H E   E N D

_____