f o r t y

CHAPTER FORTY( TROUBLE )

CHAPTER FORTY
( TROUBLE )

     CARMEN MOVES TO sit up. Zach currently resides on the couch opposite of her, sleeping soundly as he holds a pillow close to his chest. Carmen smiles at his figure, before standing, and hobbling towards the kitchen.

"So you'll meet my parents?" Jonah questions Aurora, seemingly excited over their current conversation.

"Yeah, how does tommorow sound?" Aurora replies, not noticing Carmen's appearance.

"Perfect," Jonah grins, pecking her lips as he grabs her waist, turning her around to face Carmen. "Someone just woke up."

"CARAMEL!" Aurora yells, jumping in her spot. "YOU'RE AWAKE!"

"I am now," Carmen chuckles, glancing at Jonah before she takes a seat at the island. "So you're meeting the parents?"

"Yep," Aurora confirms, staring up at Jonah.

"So are you guys getting married?" Carmen questions casually, looking between the two.

"W-what?" The girl stutters, coughing as she looks to Carmen with wide eyes. "Caramel, no."

"And why not?" She raises an eyebrow. "I think you two should totally get married. It may not have been that long since you met, but it's true love, isn't it? Just saying . . . "

"Well," Aurora composes herself, blushing furiously. "So, how would you guys like to go out today?"

"Without Zach?" Jonah asks hesitantly.

"No, Heroine can come," Aurora informs him. "I know he wouldn't let Carmen leave if he didn't get to tag along."

"Where would we be going?"

"I was thinking we should drop by a celebrity's house . . . " Aurora trails off, stirring her coffee with a smirk. "I don't know, maybe one that I called and talked to last night. And he most certainly agreed to meeting you."

"Who?" Carmen asks, trying to hide her smile.

"Sean James Teale-"

"OH MY GOSH YOU TALKED TO CONDÈ?" Carmen screeches, moving to her feet quickly. "ZACH GET UP, I'M GOING TO MEET A PRINCE!"

As the girl moves into the living room with a fast pace, Jonah glances down at his girlfriend.

"Is he really a prince?"

"He sure as hell looks like one."