Chapter 19

Nicki's pov:

I was heartbroken when Cam left. Everything just happened so fast.

It was two days later I went back home. I was alone and one day Safaree showed up.

"You make me sick" I say to him.

"Nicki I gave you your fantasy and then I made your fantasy exactly what it was. A fantasy. "

" Safaree playing with peoples emotions isn't funny. I have real feelings and as a female I'm delicate with them"

"Nicki what do you want from me? " he asks getting angry.

" That's the thing Safaree. I don't want anything from you. I don't even want you" I say bluntly. "Actually to make it more clear I want you to leave me alone"

"You don't mean that" he says.

"Yes I do" I say. "Thanks to you I might have trust issues" I say. "Just stay away from me" I say and escorts him out of my house. I think I'm just going to focus on me.

-----

(Three months later)

I'm in Cabo for the weekend and I've been enjoying the single life for a while. I haven't heard from Safaree since breaking away from him or Camaryn since she left me.

I decided after a while I would stop moping around and take a vacation. I was working on my music and finding inspiration around me. I was looking over the balcony of my cabana and just look out at the horizon. I was dressed in a long sheer floral dress with my hair wavy and down with a flower crown on my head. I walked out and went to go eat my dinner at a restaurant I made a reservation for.

"Your private area ma'am" my hostess says pulling my chair out for me. I smile and thank him taking a seat. "What would you like to drink?"

"Pineapple and strawberry kiwi mimosa " I say. He writes it down and leaves. After minutes of looking over the menu I hear a table of people celebrating after a toast. Looking in the direction I see Camaryn. She looked so happy. She was hugging the people around her.

I hope she doesn't see me in here though. The last thing I need is to run into my ex.

"Your mimosa" he says handing it to me. "Wave me over and I will come when you're ready to order" he says. I nod. After seeing what all I wanted I get his attention and he writes down my order. After he takes my menu and leaves I just get on my phone.

Camaryn's pov:

After hugging my best friend I see Nicki at a table across the room from us and she was alone.

I haven't seen her since leaving her in New York months ago. I think I made a mistake by that honestly, but everything was too much for me to handle between her and Safaree. She looked like she was happy but I didn't like seeing her alone.

"Hey Jess, I'll be right back" I say getting up. She nods and goes back to her conversation. I slowly walk to her table and clear my throat. She looks up surprised to see me and puts her phone down.

"Nice to see you" I say.

"Um you too" she says. She looked like she was about to fumble her words.

"Can we talk? " I ask her.

" Why not" she says. I take a seat across from her.

"I never got the chance to apologize for walking out on you. I felt bad after doing it but in that moment-"

"It's fine. I don't blame you. A lot was going on and we can't control things like that" she says.

"Yeah, see you understand" I say. "May I ask why you're alone?"

"I'm enjoying the single life. I'm here on vacation. " she answers.

" Oh I guess I just ruined that" I say.

"Not too much. What about you? "

" My friend Jessa got married this weekend and we are having her dinner with her and her husband " I say.

" Oh, their cute" Nicki says. Her waiter come over.

"You check ma'am " he says. She smiles. She takes a minute to pay and sign and leave a tip. She gets up from her seat and looks at me.

" Well it was nice running into you. Have a good night" she says and starts to walk off.

"Nicki" i say going to her. She turns back to me. I was going to say something to her but I felt like now wasn't the right time. I just hug her instead. She hugs back and smiles.

"Thanks for that" she says before leaving. I miss Nicki.

-Any thoughts? I don't know what to do here tbh 💭