Chapter 22

Nicki's pov:

After being in Trinidad for a week I finally get back home and back to business. Dime came to work me out for a good 2 and a half hours. I go to take a shower after and meet with Camaryn for lunch.

"How was Trinidad? " she asked.

"It was refreshing. I've been to two islands this month" I said just now noticing.

"Lucky you" she says making me laugh.

"How has your past week been? "

" Pretty good. I've finished up a collection I've been working on for a while and I will be having it showcased this weekend. Think you can make it? "

" I know I can't " I say." I have to perform for the Billboard awards" I say. She frowns.

"I would love to have you see what I've been working hard on"

"Me too but I can't get out of it. I confirmed months ago that I would be apart of the show".

"I understand. You just have more important things "

" Don't put it like that"

"It is like that"

"Cam no its not. We weren't even together when I got asked to do it. And I haven't even known you were working on a fashion collection" I say.

"I'm just a little on edge right now. " she says." I was listening to some women in my company day how they're significant others barely give up time for what they want and have to do in order to spend time with them. You saying that put me on edge cause after I joined in on the conversation they said if I was to be with someone highly successful like me we would barely have time for eachother "

" Cam" I say laughing, "we just got back together. And we were barely together to begin with for you to even really experience how my career effects my love life" I say.

"That's the thing Nicki. If I'm not as important to you as your job then I don't wanna be the third wheel" she says.

"I will alter my career when we become more serious because right now we are having to get to know eachother better" I say starting to get mad.

"I guess " she says.

Camaryn's pov:

I wonder if Nicki would get mad if I told her to take a break from her career to spend time with me more. Not saying she has to give up her career but I want to get to know Onika and not Nicki Minaj.

We finish up our lunch together and I go to my studio to finish up more work.

(That weekend)

Nicki's pov:

I was at the Billboards awards and all I could think about was how bad Cam wanted me to attend her show. After sitting in the audience I think I can I make it work for us both. I did my performance and was waiting for my name to be called . It was halfway through the show.

"And the winner is ...NICKI MINAJ!" I hear. I stand and walk on the stage. I give my speech thankfully and go to the back.

"Congrats Nicki " the others say hugging me. I was trying to rush out the building and get to my car.

"Go to this address" I say to the driver. "Please go fast" I say.

Camaryn's pov:

Not having heard from Nicki I've been concentrating on my fashion show. It was almost time for the show to start and I had to get my models ready and lined up.

"Makeup should be finished! If you're still on makeup and not dressed you don't walk!" I yell.
The girls rush to their outfits if they weren't already in them.

"Camaryn " my assistant said giving me my clipboard.

"Thank you" I say. I grab my earpiece and have the music production start the music.

The runway was set up to where I can do commentary in the middle of my models walking.

The lights go off and seats were filled with the guests

I was halfway done with my show.

"This piece is what you can wear on any spring day. It's light, flowy and it just screams spring time " I say. I look out into the crowd. I see the doors open from the entrance . Continuing through I comment on another piece and see Nicki have a seat right in my main focus. I smile and mouth "thank you". She blows me a kiss.

I see her examine the pieces I created as the show finishes. At the end I see my assistant walk out with the models and she hands me flowers.

"Thank you" I say to my team. I get off the stage as the lights come back on and go to hug Nicki.

"You didn't miss your show did you?"

"No" she says laughing ,"and I didn't wanna miss yours either" she says making me smile. I take her backstage with me.

"Would you like to meet Nicki Minaj?" I ask the models. They all get excited and come up to talk to her.

"Omg Nicki can you teach me your anaconda dance?" A model asks her. We both laugh. She lines up chairs with the models and teaches them. We good around a little more as I try packing up things.

We go back to my place and I bring in my equipment.

"That was a lot" she says.

"It's always a lot" I say. Nicki sits on the couch and waits for me to finish. When I'm done I sit next to her on the couch.

"I'm happy you came to my show. It meant a lot to me" I say.

"I know. It was a good show" she says. I give her a deep passionate kiss. We sit on my couch making out for a good minute. She pulls away after a while.

"I gotta get home" she says making me pout.

"You didn't wanna stay?"

"You're coming with me" she says. I smile and go to pack a bag for the night. Going to her home she goes upstairs and gets out of her dress. I pull her to me and kiss her . She moans in my mouth walking towards the bed. I wanted her so bad.

I pull off my clothes quickly and get between her legs.

"You miss me?" She asks.

"Only if you missed me" I say kissing on her neck.

"Show me how much you missed me" she says. I smirk.