Chapter 20

Nicki

After seeing Camaryn it made old feelings and old memories come back. Honestly we never had a real good start with our relationship. I mean it was practically based on a lie that started with Safaree. Feelings were slaughtered. Not hurt,  just slaughtered.

In the middle of changing into something else to wear I hear my phone ding. I walk over and see a message from Camaryn. I just look at it and leave it as delivered. I change into some shorts and a shirt. I then see my phone light up and see another text. I sit on the bed and open the messages.

Cam👀- Hey I wanted to meet up and talk

But we don't have to if you don't want to...

I contemplate what to say. I really was caught in a place of the unknown. I wanted to say yes but I didn't.

It's been over three months and I don't think talking more would help anything.

Camaryn's pov:

I took a big risk in texting Nicki and asking if we could meet up. I miss her and I would like start over and do things better with us. I was just caught up at the time and she didn't deserve the mixed signals and the way I deceived her in the beginning. I was waiting for her to reply.

It was about a half hour later that she texted me back and said she didn't think it was a good idea but sure. I smile and tell her where to meet me tomorrow.

Going to sleep I just hope we can workout something.

(The next day: afternoon)

Nicki's pov:

I walk into the sand of the beach and look around for the spot Camaryn said she would be at. She was wearing a little romper with her sandals in her hand. She smiles a little when I approach her.

"Hey" she says.

"What's up? " I ask her.

"First,  thank you for meeting with me. I just have some things to get off my chest" she says. I take a seat next to her but with distance on the bench.

"I miss you Nicki" she says,  "and I know things were rocky with us from the beginning. And that's my fault" she admits. "I'm sorry for the pain and confusion I caused you to be in and the withdrawals of real emotion towards a relationship. I know you wanted it and so did I but I lied and I conned you with a mistaken purpose of fooling you"

"I never asked you this " I say hesitant with my words." How did you meet Safaree? And how did you come up with it? " I ask looking at her. She looked at me and took in a breathe.

" Please don't get mad at me when I say this. I met Safaree a year and a half ago. We were mutual friends to his homeboy Zee and he came to his party at the strip club. Zee introduced us and I guess at the time you and Safaree were having problems so he confided in me. Maybe cause I was a female and was just convenient. " she goes on to say, " but he told me about you two and he knew you wanted to explore. He thought I would be your type and maybe you'd go for a girl like me. I thought it was stupid yet thoughtful in way. Anyway when Candice's party was coming up he contacted me. He said you two broke up and I should give it a try. I thought why not. It wasn't going to be serious. Guess I was wrong".  I look out onto the horizon of the beach and just sit there in my thoughts.

"Safaree was always my bad habit" I say in a whisper. "He cares about me so much he will literally do anything. Which makes him stupid."

"Nicki I wanted out after sleeping with you that first time. That's why he popped up" she says. "As I got to know you I was aware of how crazy it was" she says.

Camaryn's pov:

I'm trying my best to get Nicki back on the low. I just want us to move past this and start over.

She sits there and when I turn to look back at her face I see tears falling from her eyes. She sniffs and wipes them away.

"I loved you Camaryn" she says lowly.

"Nicki I still love you" I say.

"That doesn't mean anything now" she says standing.  "Because of you and Safaree playing with my heart I'm the one who was ending up getting hurt. You played me"  she says. I stand and start defending myself.

"Nicki I was giving you what you wanted without you knowing I made a deal out of it. I knew it was a stupid idea honestly I did but I wanted to know what you were like so I accepted. I don't care if you think you hate me right now but I know deep in my heart I love you and I love the fact I got to know you" I say.  "I'm sorry I played you and I wish I could do it better all over again"  I say pulling her into me. She was slowly beginning to sob in my shoulder as I hugged her. I actually I don't like seeing Nicki hurt or crying.

"It's my fault" she says standing up straight.

"What are you talking about? "

" Before we met I yelled at Safaree for not being enough for me. I was tired of him not being honest with me in our relationship and he proposed to bring in someone and help me with my infidelity while we made our relationship better. I argued and I guess he went out and thought he was giving me what I wanted. "

" Nicki I think if we all have a meeting and clear up everything it will be better " I say.

" I just wanna go back to my cabana and rest" she says. "It was nice talking to you again but I need time alone" she says and leaves me. I sit back down on the bench. I just want Nicki.