Chapter 37

Nicki's pov:

When Camaryn was released from the hospital I had her things put into a moving truck and had it sent over to her old apartment.

I guess Safaree gave her my message I left to both of them.

"He told you that?" Candi asks after coming back from her trip. She came to see me as soon as she could. "That's fucked up" she says.

"I can't love again. Love hurts and I hate being in love" I say.

"Nicki just because they don't know how to love you the correct way doesn't mean you give up. I just told you me and Justin were getting separated but that doesn't mean we're going to give up. I know you're hurting but you will be okay because you are strong" she says pulling me into a tight hug.

"I was in love and I fell so hard" I say crying.

"I know " she says running up and down my back. I'm thankful to have Candi as my best friend.

She helped me get over all the bullshit I felt and distracted me from it all.

Safaree had reached out to me multiple times before I came to a decision to meet up with him.

"You have ten minutes then I have to leave for my studio time" I say.

"Okay. Well thank you for meeting me" he says. "Nicki I just hope you forgive me for all that I put you through" I say.

"I did" I say.

"Would you ever give me another chance? And I'm asking to say that I won't step out on you or pressure you about a family and the wedding. I just want you again" he says.

"You know it's funny you ask. I was thinking what if I did get back with you. Wondering if things would be better and we could build that trust up again."

"We can. Anything you want it will be done" he says.

"Right now I'm getting back to the old Nicki. I'm taking a time out for love. But we can work on it. Just building up our communication. Maybe even couples counseling " I say.

"Works for me" he says standing with me. He pulls me into a hug. "I miss you so much" he says. I just slightly smile.

"See you around Safaree" I say leaving the cafe.

After that I really was just focusing on myself. I came to an understanding that love is challenging and a relationship isn't easy.